Voids Area Inspector
Hours: 36.25 pw
Salary: £36,247.00 – £40,026.00
Planned start date: ASAP
We’re building thriving communities as one of the UK’s largest housing groups and a leading developer of affordable housing.
We believe everyone is entitled to a good home they can afford, in a place they are proud to live. More than 100,000 people live in our homes.
If you want to experience work that’s truly rewarding, join us. Because when we achieve together, customers and communities thrive.
Work for Orbit. Believe in people.
We are looking for an Area Inspector to work within our Empty Homes and Lettings team. Based in the East – this will involve travel across a broach patch to ensure works on void properties are completed to a high standard and in accordance with policy and guidelines. The wider team work in a collaborative manner to ensure all repair works are done at pace, void turnaround times are met and properties are let to support customer need.
This role is part of Customer & Communities where you’ll help us to lead the way keeping our promise to more than 100,000 customers.
What you’ll achieve
- You will review properties, set schedule of works and repair, monitor progress, and ensure a prompt turnaround
- You will work to ensure effective relationships with maintenance teams, ensuring cost and spend are monitored.
- Support wider Lettings team – e.g. carry out mutual exchanges
- Support the Void Delivery Manager in ensuring that all aspects within voids are delivered effectively and efficiently to Orbits standards
- Work in an agile manner, covering the Norwich / Suffolk area to manage customer need.
What you’ll bring
- Ability to assess quotations for Minor Works for value for money and make recommendations for appointment of contractors
- Ability to survey properties and provide accurate and detailed schedules of work.
- Flexibility to be able to travel within a base region – own transport (mileage covered) essential.
- Able to participate in the out of hours emergency rota.
- Understanding of current practice in relation to asset management and property maintenance
- Strong customer focus and teamworking approach.
- ONC or HNC in building or a related discipline.
Choosing us means being rewarded in every sense.
Here’s what you can expect to enjoy with us.
A rewarding experience that works for you
We strive to create an inclusive experience with benefits and wellbeing programmes designed to help you, and your loved ones, to thrive. For a better work life balance, we offer flexible working opportunities for many roles.
A place to progress
From training programmes to professional qualifications, we provide opportunities to learn and develop at every stage of your career. Whether you’re a student, graduate or experienced professional we’ll support you to grow.
For leaders, our tailored development journeys are designed to stretch and strengthen your leadership skills. As well as practical training, we give you access to renowned business schools and experiential programmes for greater breadth and depth of learning.
A purpose to feel proud of
We’re proud to make a difference to people together. We’re values-driven with a commercial focus on performance – because the more profit we make, the more we can achieve for people.
What brings us together is a passionate belief in progress and people. Read more about the values and purpose that drive us on our careers website.
How we hire
We aim to make our hiring process simple and fair:
- Online application
- Decision and offer
We put the safeguarding of our customers, colleagues and contractors at the heart of everything we do and as such, certain roles will be subject to a DBS check.
How to apply
Please apply on the link provided
Application deadline: 28th August
More about Orbit Group
Orbit was established in 1967 by two people on a park bench, contemplating how to tackle homelessness. Five decades on, we are one of the largest builders of affordable homes, placing customers and communities at the heart of what we do. Today, over 100,000 people live in an Orbit home and our aim is to ensure the homes we provide and the places we create are good quality, affordable and safe. We also play an active part in the neighbourhoods where we work, supporting local economies and social activity within communities.