Tenancy Sustainment Job Coach
Salary: £28,951 – £31,934 Per Annum
Planned start date: ASAP
We’re building thriving communities as one of the UK’s largest housing groups and a leading developer of affordable housing.
We believe everyone is entitled to a good home they can afford, in a place they are proud to live. More than 100,000 people live in our homes.
If you want to experience work that’s truly rewarding, join us. Because when we achieve together, customers and communities thrive.
Work for Orbit. Believe in people.
Fantastic opportunity for experienced, capable individual with a background in providing tenancy and employment support, and coaching and developing others. You will be working with customers across Coventry and surrounding areas. This will involve a mix of support remotely, in person (so own transport essential) and working with the wider Midlands team.
This role is part of Customer & Communities where you’ll help us to lead the way keeping our promise to more than 100,000 customers.
What you’ll achieve
- Work with customers remotely and in person using a coaching approach to support them to sustain tenancies and gain employment.
- Support in tenancy set up, money management, job seeking, CV writing, interview skills and signpost to suitable roles.
- Support via 1:1 and group coaching sessions where appropriate
- Handle a caseload of approx 70 – 100 and be happy to travel for the role (own car essential)
- Log and monitor all cases to ensure effective reporting and drive a results driven focus.
What you’ll bring
- Experience of working in the field of employment support, mental health, financial inclusion, welfare benefits advice or support work, assessing the needs of vulnerable people and delivering success plans
- Strong PC skills – ability to accurate log key information and keep effective records.
- Good knowledge of the local labour market, welfare benefits regulations, energy advice, income maximisation and regulatory requirements and the protections of vulnerable adults and children
- Proven track record of excellent customer service – outcome focused and be able to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills to build up relationships with the team and customer base.
- Information Advice and Guidance Level 3 and Coaching & Mentoring Level 3 (or willing to learn)
Choosing us means being rewarded in every sense.
Here’s what you can expect to enjoy with us.
A rewarding experience that works for you
We strive to create an inclusive experience with benefits and wellbeing programmes designed to help you, and your loved ones, to thrive. For a better work life balance, we offer flexible working opportunities for many roles.
A place to progress
From training programmes to professional qualifications, we provide opportunities to learn and develop at every stage of your career. Whether you’re a student, graduate or experienced professional we’ll support you to grow.
For leaders, our tailored development journeys are designed to stretch and strengthen your leadership skills. As well as practical training, we give you access to renowned business schools and experiential programmes for greater breadth and depth of learning.
A purpose to feel proud of
We’re proud to make a difference to people together. We’re values-driven with a commercial focus on performance – because the more profit we make, the more we can achieve for people.
What brings us together is a passionate belief in progress and people.
Read more about the values and purpose that drive us on our careers website.
How we hire
We aim to make our hiring process simple and fair:
- Online application
- Decision and offer
We put the safeguarding of our customers, colleagues and contractors at the heart of everything we do and as such, certain roles will be subject to a DBS check.
How to apply
Please apply on the link provided
Application deadline: 28th Sept 2023
More about Orbit Group
Orbit was established in 1967 by two people on a park bench, contemplating how to tackle homelessness. Five decades on, we are one of the largest builders of affordable homes, placing customers and communities at the heart of what we do. Today, over 100,000 people live in an Orbit home and our aim is to ensure the homes we provide and the places we create are good quality, affordable and safe. We also play an active part in the neighbourhoods where we work, supporting local economies and social activity within communities.