TechSkills – CEO
Location: techUK, 10 St Bride Street, London, , EC4A 4AD
Salary: £80,000-£100,000 per annum based upon experience plus discretionary bonus and comprehensive benefits
Planned start date: Asap
The two biggest challenges facing the UK are delivering the pipeline of ‘job ready’ tech talent to power the UK economy in the future and enabling everyone in the UK to access the high value jobs that will be created as digital technology transforms every part of the UK.
techUK is the UK’s digital Trade Association with 1000 member companies covering the entire footprint of tech across the UK and we and our members are determined to address these challenges.
In 2021 we acquired a wholly owned subsidiary TechSkills with the express purpose of expanding on its success as the leading Higher Education accreditation organisation. TechSkills has already helped more than 20,000 learners get great jobs in tech.
We are looking for a leader to take this team from our current learner volumes of 6000 per year to 50,000 and beyond. And we plan to do that at speed. We have expanded the offer to private training providers and entry level apprenticeships, reshaped the team and built strong partnerships.
Now we are seeking an entrepreneurial CEO to supercharge the growth of TechSkills and maximise its impact on UK digital skills provision.
TechSkills is a well-respected and successful provider of value to employers, learners and learning providers. Its work includes accrediting training which meets industry priority needs (Tech Industry Gold), delivering innovative support services, and issuing industry-valued digital credentials. TechSkills is a Professional Statutory and Regulatory Body (PSRB) for the accreditation of degrees.
The current team of ten professionals have been put in place over the past year and are poised for growth. The purpose of TechSkills is to open up access to digital & tech careers through high quality pathways to employment. Through TechSkills, employers collaborate to define their needs and to support the creation and promotion of programmes that meet them. Our work embraces apprenticeships (levels 3 to 7), degrees, masters and training programmes across the digital landscape.
About the role
The TechSkills CEO will inspire industry leaders, deliver real value to learning providers, and be a trusted partner to a wide range of stakeholders. The new CEO will create and implement an ambitious growth strategy for the company, including developing the current customer base and establishing new profitable offerings which maximise impact for employers and opportunity for individuals.
This is about finding ways to take the current offerings to new places, developing the new offerings that our dynamic industry wants, supercharging the partnerships we already have and building the new ones we need.
You will have the vision and presence to make an impact at a national level and a track record of delivering with excellence. You will have the commercial background to address market opportunity with profitable services and understand what it takes to deliver tenfold growth. You will understand how to bring organisations together to create value and will be an inspiring leader of our currently small but highly capable team. You will be motivated by the potential of this role to make a real difference to individuals’ life chances.
You may come from a variety of backgrounds, including industry, education and training, and / or third sector. We are looking for someone with a passion for opening up our industry and bringing more opportunities for digital jobs who has the energy and drive to build and grow a successful business.
- Delivering an ambitious plan for 10x growth, meeting financial targets and maximising reach and impact on UK digital skills.
- Creating high morale and productivity among team members, colleagues and partners.
- Growing the network of supporting employers and stakeholders.
- Increasing the brand value of TechSkills and achieving widespread recognition of Tech Industry Gold as the industry accreditation for tech & digital courses.
- Retaining and growing business with current customers (universities, colleges and private training providers)
- Expanding into new customers and markets.
- Ensuring the organisation is consistently leading edge in responding to changing market dynamics, new opportunities and technological advances.
- Ability to quickly establish trusted relationships at the most senior levels.
- Inspirational team leader and effective people manager.
- Proven success in sales, marketing and new market development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to deliver highest standards of quality and customer satisfaction.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in digital technology.
- Experience in the education and skills sector.
- Experience in growing organisations.
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in industry and / or government.
- Understanding of apprenticeships, degrees and / or accreditation.
- Experience in Higher Education, private training or awarding bodies.
- Online presence / digital strategies.
This is a full time role based out of techUK’s London offices, however techUK operates a flexible working policy.
This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to the commencement of employment.
Due to the volume of applications, we receive, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of applying, please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
techUK is a proud member of EDAC and welcome applications from a wide range of applicants.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send an application together with your salary expectations to email@example.com.
Please apply for this role by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and add ‘EDAC’ to the subject header
Application deadline: 02-August-2023
Web link: https://techuk.org
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: 02073312047
More about techuk
techUK is the trade association which brings together people, companies, and organisations to realise the positive outcomes of what digital technology can achieve. With over 800 members (the majority of which are SMEs) across the UK, techUK creates a network for innovation and collaboration across business, government, and stakeholders to provide a better future for people, society, the economy, and the planet. By providing expertise and insight, we support our members, partners, and stakeholders as they prepare the UK for what comes next in a constantly changing world.