Team Assistant – Policy and Public Affairs
Location: techUK, 10 St Bride Street, London, , EC4A 4AD
Salary: £23,000-£28,000 per annum based upon experience plus discretionary bonus and comprehensive benefits
Planned start date: ASAP
techUK is a membership organisation that brings together people, companies and organisations to realise the positive outcomes of what digital technology can achieve. By providing expertise and insight, we support our members, partners and stakeholders as they prepare the UK for what comes next in a constantly changing world.
We are looking for proactive, enthusiastic and organised individual to support techUK’s Programmes team with administrative, communication and event production requirements. Working across several market and policy programmes, this wide and varied role offers the right candidate the opportunity to work with stakeholders from across industry and Government.
This role supports the work of the techUK Policy team, and provides a fantastic opportunity to work with stakeholders from across industry and Government. The ideal candidate would be someone looking to build a career in policy and public affairs the technology sector.
- Provide administrative support to working group meetings and roundtables (ensuring effective and efficient scheduling, agenda setting, preparation of papers and accurate minutes including key actions)
- Offer a point of contact for member inquiries and engagement with the Programme teams
- Ensure the CRM system is continuously updated through inputting and extracting data
- Ensure techUK’s webpages are regularly updated
- Provide administrative support for techUK’s vibrant events programme, which has a mixture of in person and online events
- Create newsletters and work with the Programme and Marketing teams to ensure high engagement / click rates, etc.
- Provide further ad-hoc administrative support to ensure effective and efficient working for the team
- Provide ad-hoc diary support
- Good attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal)
- A great team player
- Able to manage competing priorities
- A methodical and thorough approach to work
Essential knowledge and experience
- Experience of helping to deliver successful events
- Proven track record of working in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment with competing demands and responding to tight deadlines
- Experience of using CRM systems / confident using various platforms to send out event and campaign emails
- Highly competent with MS Office Suite and online conferencing platforms
- Ability to develop systems to ensure efficient working for the team
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working in policy and public affairs role
- Proven track record in admin / support roles
- Experience of minute / note taking
- Experience of organising events and meetings
This is a full-time role based out of techUK’s London offices. However, techUK operates a flexible working policy.
This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to the commencement of employment.
The salary range for this role is £23,000-£28,000 per annum based upon experience plus discretionary bonus and comprehensive benefits.
We are a proud member of EDAC and welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of applying, please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send your application with your salary expectations to email@example.com
Application deadline: 20 September 2023
Web link: https://www.techuk.org/who-we-are/careers-at-techuk/opportunities/team-assistant-policy-and-public.html
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 02073312047
More about techuk
techUK is the trade association which brings together people, companies, and organisations to realise the positive outcomes of what digital technology can achieve. With over 800 members (the majority of which are SMEs) across the UK, techUK creates a network for innovation and collaboration across business, government, and stakeholders to provide a better future for people, society, the economy, and the planet. By providing expertise and insight, we support our members, partners, and stakeholders as they prepare the UK for what comes next in a constantly changing world.