Smart Works Newcastle Service Delivery Assistant
Planned start date: 01/06/2023
About Smart Works
Smart Works is a female employment charity that dresses and coaches women for interview and job success. Our purpose is to inspire and empower all women who need help getting into work. We listen to our clients and use the power of high-quality clothing and one-to-one coaching to help them see their true potential and succeed at interview.
After visiting Smart Works, 69% secure a job within a month, gaining financial independence and transforming their lives.
The Smart Works service is delivered in London, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Birmingham, Newcastle, Reading and Leeds. Over the past nine years, Smart Works has helped over 30,000 women. It is our mission that any woman who needs our service should be able to find her way to a Smart Works centre.
This is a hugely exciting time for Smart Works in Newcastle as we enter the second year of our Three-Year Plan, working to support 1000 women each year. We are delighted to be expanding our team and the Communications Assistant is key to ensuring every client has an outstanding experience with Smart Works Newcastle.
About the role
Across the UK, over 400 organisations refer women for a Smart Works appointment, including job centres, refuges, prisons, working programme providers and other charities. The team in each centre supports clients to access their appointment.
We are recruiting for a Service Delivery Assistant based in our Newcastle centre to lead on the smooth running of our service, and create a welcoming atmosphere for all clients, volunteers and visitors. Our team is friendly and professional, and we work closely together to make sure every client has an outstanding experience when they visit us.
The Service Delivery Assistant will be the first point of contact a client will have with Smart Works. Therefore, we are looking for a friendly, organised and hard-working individual. The role requires a collaborative approach, excellent communication skills and a drive to ensure all women who visit us have the best possible experience. If you’re passionate about supporting women, then this is an ideal opportunity for you.
The role would be based in Newcastle city centre, and there will be occasional evening and weekend work as the role holder may be asked to provide key events support.
Smart Works Newcastle is part of Smart Works Charity, with Smart Works centres across the UK. There will therefore be some travel and frequent liaison with local centres across the UK and HQ in London, to support induction and training, as well as the day-to-day role.
All successful applicants will be required to provide references, have the right to work in the U.K complete and a basic DBS check.
Duties and responsibilities
- Being the first point of contact for all clients, volunteers and visitors of the centre, in person, via email and on the phone.
- Managing the central inbox, responding to clients, referral partners, volunteers, donors and potential supporters
- Day to day coordination of the Smart Works service, including booking all client appointments and related administration
- Maintaining an up to date and accurate client and referral partner data base
- Generating volunteer rotas and day to day volunteer communications relating to service delivery
- Supporting on the administration of referral partner relationships and coordination of referral partner events
- Ensuring all operational policies and procedures including Safeguarding are maintained, communicated, and adhered to on service days.
- Supporting the team with ad hoc administration tasks
Skills, knowledge and personal attributes
- Friendly, enthusiastic and engaging with a variety of stakeholders
- A good team player with a strong work ethic whilst able to make decisions independently
- Curious with an enjoyment for learning and trying new ways of working
- A creative problem solver who is proactive
- Strong organisational skills with good attention to detail.
- A confident IT user, with excellent understanding of Microsoft packages including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Experience working in a customer service, receptionist or administration role previously would be advantageous, but is not required.
Closing date: Sunday 21st May at 17:00 (GMT).
We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates, disabled candidates, and candidates with lived experience of unemployment, because we would like to increase the representation of these groups within the charity.
Smart Works promotes equity, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and make recruitment decisions by matching the Charity’s needs with the skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
How to apply
Apply for this opportunity using the web link below
Application deadline: 21/05/2023. First round interviews will be held on the 25th and 26th May.
Web link: https://smartworks.org.uk/careers/smart-works-newcastle-service-delivery-assistant/
Email address: email@example.com
More about Smart Works
Smart Works is a UK charity that provides high quality interview clothes and interview training to unemployed women in need. We harness the power of clothes and confidence to allow a woman to be her best at a crucial moment in her life, giving her the confidence, the self-belief and the practical tools required to succeed at interview and transform her life.