Smart Works Charity Outreach Manager
Location: Unit 1, Canonbury Yard, 202-208 New North Road, London, , N1 7BJ
Salary: £30,000 – £34,000 depending on experience
Planned start date: 01/07/23
Smart Works is a dynamic, high profile and fast-growing UK charity that dresses and coaches unemployed women for success at their job interview. We empower each woman by giving her the clothes and the confidence she needs to succeed.
Every woman who comes to Smart Works is referred by another organisation or charity. Across the UK over 400 organisations refer women to Smart Works, including job centres, refuges, prisons, work programme providers and other charities. Without our referral partners, Smart Works would not be able to reach women in need and help them to succeed at interview and start a new chapter. Building and nurturing these partnerships is central to our work and success as a charity.
As our Outreach Manager, you will set our outreach strategy, look after and develop our important partnerships with our referrers, and look for opportunities to raise awareness amongst potential clients. You will take a pan-London approach, nurturing our relationships with 150+ partners. A confident public speaker, you will be able to speak passionately about our service to a range of different audiences.
In this role, you will oversee all referral partner management and outreach to ensure Smart Works receives consistent referrals and performs well against our ambitious targets to help more women year on year. In practice, this will include attending meetings with partners, managing all referral communications, organising events to showcase our work, and working with the Service Delivery Managers in each of our London centres to ensure they are reaching women in their community. You will also line manage our outreach focused Service Delivery Executive, ensuring their work is directly impacting our strategy to support 3000 women in London by 2025.
As part of the wider service delivery team, you will also play an active role in ensuring our volunteer-powered service is delivered the highest possible standard in our centres.
Ultimately, by managing and developing our referral partnerships, you will support our mission and ensure that every woman who needs us can find her way to Smart Works and has the best possible chance of job success.
All successful applicants will be required to provide references, have the right to work in the U.K and complete a basic DBS check.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing the London outreach strategy and growth of our service, ensuring all KPIs are met.
- Manage referral partner relationships across London (and beyond where needed), nurturing existing relationships and on-boarding new partners.
- Share regular, engaging communications with referral partners.
- Organise and attend events that inspire referrals to Smart Works.
- Pilot new and innovative initiatives with referral partners.
- Analyse referral data to identify opportunities and priorities.
- Line manager to outreach focused Service Delivery Executive.
Skills, knowledge and personal attributes
- Experience successfully managing relationships and partnerships.
- Understanding of the referral landscape and support available to unemployed women in London.
- A strong administrator with outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an adaptable style to suit different people and situations.
- Comfortable running events and presenting to large groups about Smart Works.
- Proven track-record of problem-solving and improving processes.
- Target driven, with proven record of performing well against KPIs.
- Passion and commitment towards ensuring Smart Works programmes are the best they can be.
We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates, disabled candidates, and candidates with lived experience of unemployment as we would like to increase the representation of these groups at Smart Works.
Smart Works promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace. We make employment decisions by matching the Charity’s needs with the skills and experience of candidates. These decisions are made irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
How to apply
Apply for this opportunity using the web link below.
Application deadline: 06/06/23
Web link: https://smartworks.org.uk/careers/smart-works-charity-outreach-manager/
Email address: email@example.com
More about Smart Works
Smart Works is a UK charity that provides high quality interview clothes and interview training to unemployed women in need. We harness the power of clothes and confidence to allow a woman to be her best at a crucial moment in her life, giving her the confidence, the self-belief and the practical tools required to succeed at interview and transform her life.