Smart Works Charity Head of Programmes
Salary: £45,000 – £50,000 depending on experience
Planned start date: 01/08/2023
Title: Head of Programmes
Smart Works Charity
Salary: £45,000 – £50,000 depending on experience
Closing date: Tuesday 6th June at 17:00
Smart Works is a dynamic, high profile and fast-growing UK charity that dresses and coaches unemployed women for success at their job interview. We empower each woman by giving her the clothes and the confidence she needs to succeed.
After visiting Smart Works, 69% of clients secure a job within a month, gaining financial independence and transforming their lives.
We are looking for a thoughtful and dedicated leader to oversee the delivery of the Smart Works service across the UK.
As the charity works to double the number of women accessing the Smart Works service each year, the Head of Programmes will drive innovation, build impactful partnerships with referral organisations and enable excellent decision making across all centres. The Head of Programmes will be the guardian of the Smart Works service as the charity grows, ensuring decision-making across the charity is always client-centric and every client has the best possible chance of job success.
As the charity expands, the Head of Programmes will also oversee the opening of new Smart Works centres in areas where data shows there is the highest level of need. Project managing the opening of new centres will require exceptional people management and an ability to balance important small details, with an awareness of the bigger picture and wider strategy.
This is an important leadership role within the charity, with the Head of Programmes regularly sharing insights and ideas with senior decision makers. They will provide valuable insight into the Smart Works service and trends within the wider employability support landscape.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be based at our Smart Works centre in North London, with travel to the 11 Smart Works centre across the UK when needed. There may be occasional evening and weekend work as the successful candidate will be part of the wider centre team, supporting with networking and key events support.
Our ideal candidate will be passionate about our service and will have a proven track-record of managing, developing and elevating programmes. They will be data-driven, enjoy a challenge, build relationships easily and thrive in organisations that are growing quickly.
All successful applicants will be required to provide references, have the right to work in the U.K and complete a basic DBS check.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure a high quality, consistent service is delivered across the UK (both in-person and virtually).
- Identify opportunities for digitisation and lead the creation of shared resources.
- Visit all centres across the UK to meet service delivery staff and understand opportunity for development and improvement.
- Supported by the Data & Impact Manager, track progress against KPIs, identify areas for development and, when needed, work closely with relevant staff to address shortfalls.
- Drive innovation and support pilot projects that will enable the charity to evolve, improve and help more unemployed women secure work.
- Keep up to date with emerging trends within the employability support landscape, sharing relevant insights with the COO and other relevant stakeholders.
- Increase awareness of Smart Works by proactively identifying and nurturing partnerships with organisations who have the potential to refer to multiple Smart Works centres.
- Project manage the opening of new Smart Works centres, drawing on expertise of other staff across the Smart Works team to ensure the centre is set-up for success.
- Champion inclusivity and ensure the Equity, Diversity & Inclusion strategy is woven into the day-today delivery of the Smart Works service and service delivery decision making.
Skills, knowledge and personal attributes
- Substantial experience delivering and leading charitable programmes, or comparative work.
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects, driving innovation and implementing new initiatives, with experience delivering digital solutions.
- Proven track record of writing and delivering strategic plans.
- Proven track record of setting and monitoring targets and KPIs.
- Excellent relationship building skills, preferably with experience working across split sites.
- Experience working within employability support is desirable but not essential.
- Detailed understanding of safeguarding requirements for a charity like Smart Works.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate with stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- Passion and commitment to making the Smart Works programmes the best they can be.
We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates, disabled candidates, and candidates with lived experience of unemployment as we would like to increase the representation of these groups at Smart Works.
Smart Works promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace. We make employment decisions by matching the Charity’s needs with the skills and experience of candidates. These decisions are made irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
How to apply
Apply for this opportunity using the web link below.
Application deadline: 06/06/23
Web link: https://smartworks.org.uk/careers/smart-works-charity-head-of-programmes/
Email address: email@example.com
More about Smart Works
Smart Works is a UK charity that provides high quality interview clothes and interview training to unemployed women in need. We harness the power of clothes and confidence to allow a woman to be her best at a crucial moment in her life, giving her the confidence, the self-belief and the practical tools required to succeed at interview and transform her life.