Smart Works Birmingham Outreach Assistant
Salary: £22700 – £25000 depending on experience
Planned start date: 01/07/2023
Smart Works Birmingham
Salary: £22,700 – £25,000 depending on experience
Closing date: Wednesday 31st May at 17:00
Smart Works is a dynamic, high profile and fast-growing UK charity that dresses and coaches unemployed women for success at their job interview. We empower each woman by giving her the clothes and the confidence she needs to succeed.
Across the UK, over 400 organisations refer women for a Smart Works appointment, including job centres, refuges, prisons, working programme providers and other charities. Without referral partners, Smart Works would not be able to reach women in need and help them to succeed at interview. Therefore, building and nurturing these relationships and the clients they introduce to us is central to the work and success at Smart Works Birmingham.
Based in our Birmingham centre, you will work and travel across the West Midlands to conduct outreach to ensure Smart Works receives consistent referrals and performs well against our ambitious targets to help more women year on year. In practice, this will mean attending meetings with referral partners and helping to organise events to showcase our service and managing referral communications and admin. It is expected that you will be working out of the centre travelling to outreach opportunities around 3 days a week, but this will fluctuate depending on needs of the Charity.
When working in the centre, you will also be an integral part of the service delivery team in Birmingham, supporting on the smooth running of our service and creating a welcoming atmosphere for all clients, volunteers, and visitors. Our team is friendly and professional, and we work closely together to make sure every client has an outstanding experience when they visit us.
Therefore, we are looking for a friendly, organised, and hard-working individual. The role requires a collaborative approach, excellent communication skills and a drive to ensure all women who visit us have the best possible experience. If you’re passionate about supporting women, then this is an ideal opportunity for you.
Smart Works Birmingham is part of Smart Works Charity, with Smart Works centres across the UK. There will therefore be some travel and some liaison with local centres across the UK and HQ in London, to support induction and training, as well as the day-to-day role.
All successful applicants will be required to provide references, have the right to work in the U.K and complete a basic DBS check.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting on various outreach activities with a range of referral partners across the West Midlands, which will include attending a variety of job fairs and client facing events.
- Engaging with current and new referral partners.
- Supporting with referral partner and client communications and associated administrative tasks.
- Supporting the smooth running of the Birmingham centre, leading on service delivery when required such as by answering calls and booking appointments.
- Maintaining an up to date and accurate client and referral partner data base.
- Supporting the Centre Manager on outreach initiatives and ideas, with some liaison with fellow Outreach roles across Smart Works centres.
Skills, knowledge and personal attributes
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and engaging with a variety of stakeholders.
- A good team player with a strong work ethic whilst able to make decisions independently.
- Strong organisational skills with good attention to detail.
- A confident IT user, with excellent understanding of Microsoft packages including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Confident using social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Experience working in a customer service, receptionist or administration role previously would be advantageous, but is not essential.
We particularly welcome applications from black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates, disabled candidates, and candidates with lived experience of unemployment. We would like to increase the representation of these groups at Smart Works as we know that greater diversity will lead to even greater results for our clients.
Smart Works promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace. We make employment decisions by matching the Charity’s needs with the skills and experience of candidates. These decisions are made irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
How to apply
Apply for this opportunity using the web link below.
Application deadline: 31/05/2023
Web link: https://smartworks.org.uk/careers/smart-works-birmingham-outreach-assistant/
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
More about Smart Works
Smart Works is a UK charity that provides high quality interview clothes and interview training to unemployed women in need. We harness the power of clothes and confidence to allow a woman to be her best at a crucial moment in her life, giving her the confidence, the self-belief and the practical tools required to succeed at interview and transform her life.