Quality & Compliance Improvement Adviser – Cardiff
Salary: £21,995- £29,260
Planned start date: ASAP
Our Employment, Skills and Enterprise business provides support to citizens, from supporting the unemployed into sustainable work, to upskilling those with low or no vocational skills, so they can progress in work. At Serco we are committed to supporting economic recovery post-Covid and are proud to be able to support the government’s Plan for Jobs. Along with our partners we are delighted to have been selected by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to deliver the Restart employability programme in 2 Contract Packages in West Central (Black Country, Coventry, Greater Birmingham and Solihull, The Marches and Worcestershire) and across all of Wales.
As part of our Restart programme, we will support participants on their journey to finding sustainable employment, enabling them to progress towards a more secure future. The Restart programme will help people who have been unemployed for between 12 and 18 months get back into work, including those whose prospects for securing employment have been impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
We are expanding our team and we are recruiting a Quality & Compliance Improvement Adviser to support the Quality Improvement & Audit Manager in ensuring that the quality of service delivered via internal delivery meets contractual, regulatory and legislative requirements.
You will report directly into the Quality Improvement & Audit Manager, however you will be part of the Serco Restart Operational Team.
You will be based at our Cardiff office 5 days a week.
Quality Assurance and Compliance
- Support the Serco Restart self-delivery team with their development of systems and processes that ensure contractual compliance, minimise financial risk and ensure the quality-of-service delivery to service users
- Provide the Quality Improvement & Audit Manager and Serco Operations Manager with required quality assurance and compliance reporting as appropriate
- Act as the nominated local expert for quality assurance and compliance within the business
- Work closely with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure the needs to the customer and business unit are delivered in full
- Manage a schedule of ongoing audits and observations to ensure the quality and compliance of service delivery
- Coordination and management of any regulatory audits and inspections including readiness reviews.
What you’ll need to do the role:
To be successful in the role you will need Experience of working in a compliance environment. You will need strong IT skills with particular emphasis on MS Excel and MS Office 365 software and have strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work across a number of work streams.
You will need to be confident to communicate through a variety of media, be highly organised with the ability to work to fixed deadlines whilst maintaining high standards of accuracy and attention to detail, and when necessary be confident to challenge managers regarding compliance failures.
Understanding of DWP/welfare to work/ employability market environment is desirable but not essential.
This role requires Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) – covering pre-employment checks.
- Meaningful and vital work: The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters – delivering essential services that truly touch people’s lives;
- A world of opportunity: Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You’ll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways;
- Great people: We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You’ll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer:
- Salary £21,995- £29,260 per annum
- Serco discounts which include cinema, Merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships
- An autonomous and supportive culture
- The chance to make a positive difference to public sector services in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion
How to apply
Apply using the link below
Application deadline: 19th July
Web link: https://careers.serco.com/job-invite/287498/
Email address: email@example.com
More about Serco Restart
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone. We are delighted to have been selected by the Department for Work and Pensions to deliver the Restart Scheme in Wales and West Central England, supporting eligible individuals to find jobs in their local area.