Location: Bexley, Erith, DA18 4AL
Salary: £34,413 to £36,214
Planned start date: ASAP
Orbit is a fantastic business and one that’s really going places.
Orbit was formed in 1967 with the aim of providing good-quality housing for people who would otherwise not be able to afford to buy their own home.
Over 50 years later, we’re one of the leading housing providers in the UK. Our services have diversified, our housing portfolio has expanded, and our reputation as an innovator within our sector has grown. But one thing that has never changed. Our belief in people and what they can achieve.
Your role at Orbit.
FTC available until March 2023
Fantastic opportunity within our Property Management team. Working on a diverse portfolio of properties, you will act as the ‘Face of Orbit’ to deliver outstanding service to all internal and external customers. You will take ownership of your portfolio and deliver a cost-effective management service. Key focus on this role will be to support dealing with Estate Inspections. You will have a customer focused approach and be able to resolve customer issues.
Regional based role covering Bexley and the surrounding areas. Flexibility will be required to support wider Property Management team working across the South – own transport essential.
This role may be involved in the emergency out of hours rota – details to be discussed at interview
What will help you make a difference.
- Excellent knowledge of building maintenance and repair management
- Good knowledge of repairs and maintenance processes
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety management
- Relevant residential property management experience or similar
- Knowledge of relevant legislation e.g. Landlord & Tenant Act, RICS Code etc.)
- Strong experience of budget management, financial control and delivering cost efficiency
- Practical attitude with ability to make decisions
- Commercial acumen and negotiation experience
- Excellent communication skills-written and verbal presentation of information
- Flexible approach to travel and working hours to accommodate customer meetings and out of hours rota
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, customer-focussed environment
Rewarding your contribution.
For those who want or need more of a work life balance our view is that this role is suitable for WorkSmart. This means we would consider a more flexible working arrangement, where your hours and work location are managed according to business, customer and personal needs. Agile working arrangements will be discussed during the interview process.
Some of our core benefits include:
- Group bonus potential up to 15% of salary
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays and the “Orbit day”
- Private medical insurance
- Excellent contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- A great pick and mix of flexible benefits including the option to buy and sell holiday and much more
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain great people. We are a proud member of EDAC and welcome applications from all individuals regardless of background, age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, religious belief, faith or disability.
We put the safeguarding of our customers, colleagues and contractors at the heart of everything we do and as such, certain roles will be subject to a DBS check.
How to apply
We have so much more that we’d like to share with you so please submit your CV demonstrating the value you could bring to Orbit.
Apply for this opportunity using the web link below and quote ‘EDAC’ where appropriate
Application deadline: 20 June 2022
More about Orbit Group
Orbit was established in 1967 by two people on a park bench, contemplating how to tackle homelessness. Five decades on, we are one of the largest builders of affordable homes, placing customers and communities at the heart of what we do. Today, over 100,000 people live in an Orbit home and our aim is to ensure the homes we provide and the places we create are good quality, affordable and safe. We also play an active part in the neighbourhoods where we work, supporting local economies and social activity within communities.