Location: Remote – potential for in person in the future, , , ,
Hours: Full-time – 40 hours p/w
Planned start date: asap
The Social Innovation Partnership (TSIP) is a small agency focused on social good. We do two main things:
- We help organisations to better understand issues, places and their own social impact
- We design and pilot new programmes to improve people’s quality of life and make society fairer
We are looking for an amazing Project Officer to join our team.
As a Project Officer you will do frontline and desk-based research and analysis, help to facilitate meetings and workshops, prepare reports and presentations. You will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects with social purpose and get involved in sales. This is a role for a great team player who likes variety, works well under pressure and is willing to help where needed. The ideal candidate is organised, friendly and a quick learner.
Project delivery (60%):
- Do desk-based research and summarise findings
- Draft presentations and reports for clients
- Take minutes in client meetings
- Conduct, transcribe and analyse interviews and focus groups
- Design and administer surveys and feedback forms
- Analyse quantitative data like survey results
- Help to design facilitation activities for workshops and events
- Manage logistics for events such as room bookings and catering
- Keep records and timesheets about your work and project progress
- Provide verbal and written updates on your work for team members and clients
Business development (15%):
- Help to draft sales proposals
- Work with others to assess sales opportunities and decide which ones to pursue
- Work with others to identify new sales opportunities
- Write blogs to help showcase TSIP’s work
- Contribute to team meetings
- Support other team members as needed
- Help to plan and organise team events
Annual leave and holidays (12.5%)
Key skills and competencies:
- Highly organised and able to multi-task
- Great attention to detail
- Interested in social issues
- Experience of conducting desk-based research
- Able to do data analysis, create tables and charts in Excel
- Able to create attractive and engaging presentations in PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Interested in learning new skills
- Willing to get stuck in and help where needed
The Social Innovation Partnership (TSIP) supports organisations who are trying to do good to do better. We are a diverse team of technical and community specialists who are joining forces to drive inclusive social change.
We lead with empathy and curiosity in order to really get to know our partners and build trusting relationships. Our approach is collaborative, participatory and enabling. We work across sectors and on the ground with groups that share our values.
Over the last ten years, we have worked with some of the most ambitious charities, social investors and CSR programmes in the UK and launched programmes that have been scaled and replicated internationally. We have an amazing team and we are proud of the work we are doing and what we have achieved.
Most of our work is based in London. Over the past year, we have worked on projects that:
- Research the relationship between underrepresented communities and air pollution
- Seek to understand the experiences and perspectives of people more likely to be negatively impacted by COVID-19
We are a small, flat and open organisation, in which everyone contributes ideas and opinions, feedback happens in all directions and everyone pitches in to help each other out. We do serious work without taking ourselves too seriously. Our team are passionate about social issues and live our values:
- Diversity: we value and respect difference, look at issues from a range of angles and create opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and perspectives to contribute to our work
- Empathy: we show care and concern for others, treat each other well and prioritise the needs of the most vulnerable
- Curiosity: we ask difficult questions, face challenges with optimism and seek out new and better ways of working
- Collaboration: we build meaningful relationships with other organisations and communities, share what we know and support each other
- Impact: we choose projects that improve people’s quality of life and make society fairer, using social impact as a key success measure for all our work
The ideal candidate will be someone who shares these values, who is interested in joining and helping to grow a small team, who values variety in their work and is prepared to get stuck in and help out where needed.
How to apply
Please apply by uploading a CV and answering the questions in the online Workable form by the 15th August 2021.
If for whatever reason you are unable to use the online form, you can email your CV and answers to the questions to
email@example.com. If you have any questions about the role you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: 15th August 2021
Web link: https://apply.workable.com/the-social-innovation-partnership/j/0842CD27E7/
Email address: email@example.com
More about TSIP
TSIP helps organisations better understand issues, people, places and their own social impact, while working collaboratively with people and communities directly affected by various issues to develop and deliver solutions.