Programme Manager – Spectrum and Satellite
Salary: £32,000 – £44,000 per annum based upon experience plus discretionary bonus and comprehensive benefits.
Planned start date: TBC
techUK is a membership organisation that brings together people, companies and organisations to realise the positive outcomes of what digital technology can achieve. By providing expertise and insight, we support our members, partners and stakeholders as they prepare the UK for what comes next in a constantly changing world.
techUK houses several special purpose vehicles, including the UK Spectrum Policy Forum (SPF). The purpose of the SPF is to be a proactive industry-led ‘sounding board’ to UK Government and Ofcom on future policy and approaches on spectrum. It is also a cross-industry ‘agent’ for promoting the role of spectrum in society and the maximisation of its economic and social value to the UK.
About the Role:
We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic, and driven individual to manage, support and drive forward our spectrum and space programmes of work. This role will give the right candidate opportunities to work with a wide range of senior industry figures and policy makers. You will work to both ensure that spectrum plays a positive contribution to the UK’s economy and society and that adoption and deployment of space-based services can grow and scale in the UK.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the UK SPF, reporting to techUK’s Head of Telecoms. The position requires the ability to work on a range of activities and work streams, from high profile projects to everyday routine tasks. You can expect to engage with senior officials from across central government departments and arms-length bodies. The role will also include providing support for two joint techUK committees with UKspace (1. Satellite Telecoms, 2. Positioning, Navigation and Timing), and overseeing techUK’s satellite workstream in our Communications Infrastructure and Service Programme.
- Lead the development, implementation and management of UK SPF research projects, working groups, workshops, and events that aim to enhance and augment spectrum policy in the UK
- Promote both the UK SPF and Communications Infrastructure and Services Programme through insights, opinions, social media activities and PR activities
- Present techUK as the voice of the technology industry to government departments and key stakeholders, whilst building new relationships and furthering programme priorities
- Support the development, implementation and communication of techUK’s telecoms and satellite activities in a way that meets the needs of existing and potential new members
- Liaise with other techUK teams to identify and exploit cross-fertilisation opportunities with other programmes across techUK
- Provide secretariat support to the UK SPF Steering Board, work groups, and Satellite Committees, and ad hoc administrative duties as required
- Deputise for the Programme Head in their absence
- A self-motivated individual with a positive can-do approach who is comfortable working with competing demands and responding to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and good at building relationships
- Team player: a flexible and pro-active approach relating to any other duties that may be required to support the wider techUK programme activities
- An effective communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate information effectively to a range of audiences
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of public policy and public affairs
- Experience of writing reports and briefing notes
- Ability to identify, propose and negotiate new business opportunities and services for both the UK SPF and Communications Infrastructure and Services Programme
- A proven track record of managing events ensuring accuracy and attention to detail, and high levels of customer satisfaction
This is a full time role based out of techUK’s London offices, however techUK operates a flexible working policy.
This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
Due to the volume of applications, we receive, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of applying, please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
How to apply
Please apply for this role by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 13-Jul-23
Web link: https://techuk.org
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: 02073312047
More about techuk
techUK is the trade association which brings together people, companies, and organisations to realise the positive outcomes of what digital technology can achieve. With over 800 members (the majority of which are SMEs) across the UK, techUK creates a network for innovation and collaboration across business, government, and stakeholders to provide a better future for people, society, the economy, and the planet. By providing expertise and insight, we support our members, partners, and stakeholders as they prepare the UK for what comes next in a constantly changing world.