Programme Assistant – techUK and the Digital Connectivity Forum
Salary: £23000 – £28000 per annum
Planned start date: ASAP
techUK is the trade association which brings together people, companies and organisations to realise the positive outcomes of what digital technology can achieve. With over 950 members (the majority of which are SMEs) across the UK, techUK creates a network for innovation and collaboration across business, government and stakeholders to provide a better future for people, society, the economy and the planet. By providing expertise and insight, we support our members, partners and stakeholders as they prepare the UK for what comes next in a constantly changing world.
techUK houses several special purpose vehicles, including the Digital Connectivity Forum (DCF). The DCF is the leading advisory forum to the UK Government on digital connectivity. It provides an expert forum for the entire digital connectivity sector to resolve key policy, regulatory and commercial issues.
The role supports the work of the Digital Connectivity Forum and other Programmes within techUK. It provides a fantastic opportunity to work with stakeholders from across the tech and telecoms industries, the regulator and Government. The ideal candidate would either be someone looking to build a career within policy and public affairs in the technology sector or someone looking to progress their administrative career.
- Provide administrative/secretariat support to board, committee and working group meetings (ensuring effective and efficient scheduling, agenda setting, preparation of papers and accurate recording of the decisions made).
- Deal with member requests for information
- Keep webpages updated
- Ensure the CRM system is continuously updated through inputting or extracting data
- Provide administrative support for the busy events programme, including regional events, run by the team
- Ad-hoc diary support
- Maintain a filing system to ensure effective and efficient working for the team
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Methodical and thorough approach to work
- Strong organisational skills
- Able to manage competing priorities
- A great team player
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), with the ability to get to grips with complex information
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of operating within a small team environment
- Experience of helping to deliver successful events
- Proven track record of working in a high pressure, fast-paced environment with competing demands and responding to tight deadlines
- Highly competent with MS Office Suite and online conferencing platforms
- Ability to develop systems to ensure efficient delivery of the programme
Desired Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of working in the tech sector
- Experience of using databases and CRM systems, including using platforms to send out event and campaign emails
- Proven track record in admin/support roles
- Experience of minute/note taking
- Experience of organising events and meetings
Note: This is a full-time role based out of techUK’s London offices, however techUK operates a flexible working policy.
This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to the commencement of employment.
Due to the volume of applications, we receive, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of applying, please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
How to apply
Please apply for this role by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Application deadline: 16-jUL-23
Web link: https://techuk.org
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 02073312047
More about techuk
techUK is the trade association which brings together people, companies, and organisations to realise the positive outcomes of what digital technology can achieve. With over 800 members (the majority of which are SMEs) across the UK, techUK creates a network for innovation and collaboration across business, government, and stakeholders to provide a better future for people, society, the economy, and the planet. By providing expertise and insight, we support our members, partners, and stakeholders as they prepare the UK for what comes next in a constantly changing world.