Salary: £29,820 to £32,948
Planned start date: ASAP
Orbit is a fantastic business and one that’s really going places.
Orbit was formed in 1967 with the aim of providing good-quality housing for people who would otherwise not be able to afford to buy their own home.
Over 50 years later, we’re one of the leading housing providers in the UK. Our services have diversified, our housing portfolio has expanded, and our reputation as an innovator within our sector has grown. But one thing that has never changed. Our belief in people and what they can achieve.
Your role at Orbit.
We are excited to announce that due to growth we are looking to recruit a Procurement Officer into our Business Assurance Procurement Team. This role is pivotal as you will be assisting with project management and sourcing activities through tenders and requests for quotes, raising and receiving orders on behalf of the business, contract management as well as other purchase to pay related activity.
You will also be responsible for:
- Efficient management of various procurement systems including e-Procurement and P2P processes
- Carrying out tender and quotation exercises
- Creating spend analysis reports and supporting category reviews
- Providing first time fix for the majority of technical procurement enquiries
- Ensuring governance controls are followed
- Supporting and occasionally leading in the effective delivery of projects
- Creating strong relationships with internal contacts
- Proactively look at ways to improve processes to eliminate waste and create efficiencies
- General procurement support tasks
What will help you make a difference.
As Procurement Officer you will be an expert communicator who can build, develop and maintain lasting relationships with both internal staff and suppliers as you will be taking the lead on being the day to day main point of contact for the wider business.
It is also essential that you have:
- CIPS qualification or working/willing to work towards obtaining the qualification
- Educated to GCSE Level or equivalent
- Strong organisational skills
- Solid understanding of procurement and governance processes
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and meet deadlines
- Experience of working in a procurement environment
It would also be desirable if you had knowledge of Public Procurement Regulations.
Rewarding your contribution.
For those who want or need more of a work life balance our view is that this role is suitable for WorkSmart. This means we would consider a more flexible working arrangement, where your hours and work location are managed according to business, customer and personal needs. Agile working arrangements will be discussed during the interview process.
Some of our core benefits include:
- Group bonus potential up to 15% of salary
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays and the “Orbit day”
- Private medical insurance
- Excellent contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- A great pick and mix of flexible benefits including the option to buy and sell holiday and much more
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain great people. We are a proud member of EDAC and welcome applications from all individuals regardless of background, age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, religious belief, faith or disability.
We put the safeguarding of our customers, colleagues and contractors at the heart of everything we do and as such, certain roles will be subject to a DBS check.
How to apply
We have so much more that we’d like to share with you so please submit your CV demonstrating the value you could bring to Orbit.
Apply for this opportunity using the web link below and quote ‘EDAC’ where appropriate
Application deadline: 20 June 2022
More about Orbit Group
Orbit was established in 1967 by two people on a park bench, contemplating how to tackle homelessness. Five decades on, we are one of the largest builders of affordable homes, placing customers and communities at the heart of what we do. Today, over 100,000 people live in an Orbit home and our aim is to ensure the homes we provide and the places we create are good quality, affordable and safe. We also play an active part in the neighbourhoods where we work, supporting local economies and social activity within communities.