Location: Unit 1, Canonbury Yard, 202-208 New North Road, London, , N1 7BJ
Salary: £24, 856 FTE
Planned start date: 01/12/2023
About the role
Every woman who comes to Smart Works is referred by another organisation or charity. Across the UK over 400 organisations refer women to Smart Works, including job centres, refuges, prisons, work programme providers and other charities.
Without our referral partners, Smart Works would not be able to reach women in need and help them to succeed at interview and start a new chapter. Building and nurturing these partnerships is central to our work and success as a charity.
As our Outreach Executive, you will assist the Outreach Manager and Service Delivery team across London as we aim to double the number of women we support. You will attend job fairs and events to encourage referrals to Smart Works, respond promptly and professionally to referral partner and client communications and play an active role in building referral partner relationships across London. This role would be perfect for someone who loves meeting new people, and a key part of this role is speaking passionately about our service to a range of different audiences.
As part of the wider service delivery team, you will also play an active role in ensuring our volunteer-powered service is delivered to the highest possible standard in our centres.
There is huge potential for growth in this role, and you will develop skills in relationship management, communication, public speaking and hands on delivery of a best in class service. Ultimately, by working directly with our referral partners you will support our mission and ensure that every woman who needs us can find her way to Smart Works and has the best possible chance of job success.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working closely with the Outreach Manager, play an active role in building referral relationships across London.
- Attending referral partner events and meetings that inspire referrals to Smart Works.
- Ensure every referral partner and client enquiry is responded to in a timely and efficient manner, and client bookings are handled promptly and professionally.
- Welcoming visitors to Smart Works, making them comfortable and immediately putting them at ease.
- Data inputting and filing, ensuring our CRM system and records are up-to-date and accurate.
- Completing follow-up calls with clients to ensure they are taking full advantage of the support that Smart Works provides.
- Supporting the delivery of our service and the day to day running of our London centres.
- Passionate about the work of Smart Works and our mission.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and engaging with all stakeholders including clients and volunteers.
- A good team player with a strong work ethic.
- Able to make decisions and problem solve independently.
- Curious, with the ability to learn and try new ways of working.
- A creative problem solver who can prioritise multiple deadlines.
- Strong organisational skills, with good attention to detail.
- A confident IT user, particularly in Microsoft packages such as Word and Excel.
- Experience working in an Outreach, customer service or administration role is advantageous, but not required.
We particularly welcome applications from black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates, disabled candidates, and candidates with lived experience of female unemployment as we would like to increase the representation of these groups at Smart Works.
Smart Works promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace. We make employment decisions by matching the Charity’s needs with the skills and experience of candidates. These decisions are made irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
Benefits, terms, and conditions
- Full-time or part-time role, 24-40 hours per week.
- Full time hours Monday-Friday with typical working hours 9 am -5 pm.
- Role will involve regular travel to referral partner meetings and events, and working across our London centres in Islington, Croydon and Ladbroke Grove.
- Reporting to the London Outreach Manager at Smart Works Charity.
- Salary of £24, 856 FTE (London Living Wage).
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays.
- Positive, supportive working environment with opportunities for practical training and progression.
- All successful applicants must provide two satisfactory references and complete a Basic DBS check.
How to apply
Apply for this opportunity using the web link below
Application deadline: 06/11/2023
Web link: https://smartworks.livevacancies.co.uk/#/job/details/19
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
More about Smart Works
Smart Works is a UK charity that provides high quality interview clothes and interview training to unemployed women in need. We harness the power of clothes and confidence to allow a woman to be her best at a crucial moment in her life, giving her the confidence, the self-belief and the practical tools required to succeed at interview and transform her life.