IT Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Harestone Valley Road, , Caterham, CR3 6HY
Salary: up to £35,000
Planned start date: 6/5/22
A fantastic opportunity to join a small but highly focused Infrastructure team using the latest Cloud Based Technology paired with best practice. The individual will report directly to the Infrastructure manager and contribute personally to the direction and implementation of solutions that continue to discover new value for the business as well as improving how the team support daily operations.
Genistar is a fast-growing financial services business, established in 2007, which distributes a range of financial protection products and financial wellbeing-related services to retail consumers.
IT technical support are mainly responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them. The post holder will be busy at the front-line, dealing directly with employees or the field who have technical issues such as forgotten passwords, viruses, email issues, or service disruptions.
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
- Provide technical support to internal or field staff, either face-to-face, or over the phone to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Replace faulty hardware and/or perform upgrades
- Compose procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system or service.
- Support the roll-out of new applications to the field and internally.
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues.
- Attending to tickets in a timely fashion on our ticket management system.
- Prioritise and manage helpdesk queues.
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with users from the field and the FSC and other members of the team, such as software developers.
- Test and evaluate new technology.
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Support various projects and developments as part of a team.
- Provide event set up and support for internal and external events.
Qualifications & Experience
- A genuine interest and passion to work in IT.
- The ability to think logically and excellent problem-solving skills
- A strong knowledge of confidentiality, data protection and security.
- A good understanding of how software and how operating systems work.
- Knowledge and use of equipment, printers, scanners, projectors, displays, networking equipment, wireless equipment.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills combined with the ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution.
- Familiar with Windows desktop and server operating systems
- A strong customer focus and the ability to work well as part of a team.
- The ability to prioritise workload.
- Attention to detail.
- An understanding of networking equipment
- Familiar with mobile devices – Android / Apple
- Relevant degree or qualifications.
- Driving License
- Additional leave
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
How to apply
Please apply via the Indeed website https://uk.indeed.com/job/it-infrastructure-engineer-458292d2136e2261
Or submit your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and state that you heard about us via EDAC.
Application deadline: 30/4/22
Web link: https://genistar.online
Email address: email@example.com
More about Genistar Ltd
Genistar was founded in 2007 and is one of the fastest growing financial services companies in the UK. We are dedicated to educating families about their financial choices. Our mission is to teach people how money works. We help you gain the knowledge you need to make smarter, more informed choices along the path towards your financial goals.