Head of Corporate Sales – TechSkills
Salary: £45,000 – £55,000 per annum based upon experience plus discretionary bonus and comprehensive benefits
Planned start date: ASAP
TechSkills is a not-for-profit organisation which brings together employers and educators to develop the digital talent industry needs. Our work includes the accreditation of training which meets industry priority needs, delivering innovative support services for learning providers, and issuing digital credentials (online badges) confirming the skills of those successfully completing accredited programmes. TechSkills is a techUK company.
If you are a successful senior sales or business development manager with the motivation to maximise business growth in a rapidly growing new market, the TechSkills Head of Corporate Sales could be the role for you.
We open up routes to tech & digital employment by promoting training and development programmes which are valued by industry. The Head of Corporate Sales role is central to our ambitious growth plans, responsible for developing successful partnerships with key stakeholders such as private training providers and employers.
Tech Industry Gold is the industry accreditation for tech & digital. Focused on ensuring learners are job-ready, it recognises programmes for their quality and relevance to employment. This role will increase the uptake of Tech Industry Gold accreditation, the number of learners benefitting from high quality programmes, and the influence of industry on UK education and training.
The successful candidate will work with the TechSkills CEO to develop a strategy for growth and establish new Tech Industry Gold partnerships. You will also work with the Client Services & Solutions Director to refine and develop new offerings to meet market demand. You will work closely with other team members and the wider team at techUK to deliver value to our partners.
This is a role requiring a high level of strategic awareness as well as practical delivery. You will need to be a proactive self-starter who is customer-focused, flexible in approach, and an excellent team player. The role will require some travel across the UK.
- Create and implement a sales strategy to increase new customers, revenue and learner numbers for industry-accredited training programmes
- Build a strong pipeline of sales opportunities which gives confidence of future revenue
- Build trusted relationships with key stakeholders and potential partners
- Input into new product development using insights gained from customer conversations and market understanding
- Participate in relevant regional and national events to build contacts and networks and promote the TechSkills value proposition to prospective employers/learning providers
- Developing and managing collaborative relationships, with strong influencing skills, to deliver mutually beneficial outcomes
- Sales in a B2B environment, working at C-level
- Customer service
- High quality verbal and written communication
- Understanding of tech sector skills needs
- Self-starter, able to plan and deliver effectively whilst working alone or in collaboration with others
- Working effectively and flexibly as part of a small team to make a big impact
- A growth mindset, open to learning, taking input and supporting others
- Creativity and innovative thinking
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive experience in sales and/or business development
- Clear demonstration of personal impact in a ‘hands on’ role that put ideas into action and delivered outstanding results
- A proactive decision-maker who is able to effectively analyse marketing data and use this as the basis for plans to support the organisation’s goals
- Good working knowledge of digital tools and how they can be used to support collaborative and effective working practices
Desired Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in training, academia and / or accreditation
- Knowledge of the tech sector / industry experience
The role is home based with travel within the UK.
This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to the commencement of employment.
Due to the volume of applications, we receive, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of applying, please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
How to apply
Please apply for this role by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 21-Jul-23
Web link: https://techuk.org
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: 02073312047
More about techuk
techUK is the trade association which brings together people, companies, and organisations to realise the positive outcomes of what digital technology can achieve. With over 800 members (the majority of which are SMEs) across the UK, techUK creates a network for innovation and collaboration across business, government, and stakeholders to provide a better future for people, society, the economy, and the planet. By providing expertise and insight, we support our members, partners, and stakeholders as they prepare the UK for what comes next in a constantly changing world.