Head of Brand and Campaigns
Location: techUK, 10 St Bride street, London, , EC4A 4AD
Hours: 35 hours
Salary: £40,000-£55,000 per annum
Planned start date: 1 July 2021
techUK is the trade association which brings together people, companies and organisations to realise the positive outcomes of what digital technology can achieve. We create a network for innovation and collaboration across business, government and stakeholders to provide a better future for people, society, the economy and the planet. Our ambition is fuelled by our commitment to showing the power of technology to fuel progress, deliver results and enhance lives.
At the end of 2020, techUK launched its new brand identity and website as part of our ongoing commitment to be a data-driven, marketing-led and digitally enabled organisation. As the journey continues in 2021, we are expanding our marketing team to extend our reach into new audiences, build our credibility with stakeholders and drive value out of our existing assets for members.
With the building blocks in place, we have ambitions to build our proactive storytelling in 2021. This role is key to identifying and driving key campaigns across the techUK community that will build our credibility, increase our influence, and ensure we are the go-to for thought leadership on the future impact of tech innovation across society, the economy, and the planet.
The successful candidate will be our brand guardian across all our platforms, ensuring consistency in our narrative, messaging and visual identity. The individual will work closely with our Content Marketing Manager and Communications Manager to ensure our messages remain aligned and have cut through with our target audiences. They will also be responsible for ensuring all content supports our brand promises, aligns to our brand guidelines and follows our style guide.
The individual will play an essential role in developing techUK’s marketing strategy reporting into the Director of Brand, Marketing and Communications as the organisation transforms its marketing capabilities to provide the best value to members and grow our community.
- Identify, create and drive multi-platform marcomms campaigns across the techUK business that support our objectives.
- Develop messaging frameworks, narratives and content to support key campaigns across the organisation.
- Work with the Comms Manager, Policy and Markets teams to ensure maximum impact of external communications campaigns.
- Act as brand guardian, ensuring the team has the tools, templates and guidelines to deliver quality content.
- Edit and advise teams when reports, presentations and articles are developed to ensure messaging alignment, design consistency and maximum repackaging of key messages and collateral.
- Working with the Digital Marketing Manager to provide hands-on editorial direction as assets are developed across the website and other platforms (such as video and podcasts).
- Work with the Digital Transformation team and Head of Data-driven Marketing to ensure brand impact is accurately recorded and reported. Make recommendations on next steps based on the data received.
- Brand strategy and management
- Messaging framework development
- Strong storyteller and communicator
- Excellent copywriting skills and attention to detail in design
- Project management
- Able to brief external agencies/specialists within the team on campaigns/support needed.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- A brand guardian who has created and rolled out guidelines, style guides and templates across organisations.
- A strong communicator who is able to develop collateral and brief others on asset creation (presentations, reports, events videos and graphics) in line with the brand guidelines.
- A self-starter with a proven track record in delivering strategy-led, impactful campaigns using multiple channels (direct marketing, media relations, digital content, events management) that support business growth.
- Experience working in the tech sector and/or membership working on B2B brand awareness.
- A strong storyteller with experience developing and rolling out corporate messaging frameworks.
- Strong copywriting skills with keen attention to detail.
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Experience using Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Dynamics, ClickDimensions and ReadyMembership CMS.
This is a full time role, reporting to the Director of Brand, Marketing and Communications, based at techUK’s London offices, however techUK operates a flexible working policy. Currently all staff are working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to commencement of employment. Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of applying, please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
The salary range for this role is £40,000-£55,000 per annum based upon experience.
Our culture is one of collaboration, inclusivity and empowerment which is reflected in our core values:
Respect: for each other, our work and our stakeholders
Courage: when embracing change and transformation
Integrity: honesty and genuine through our approach
Generosity: in sharing time and knowledge and celebrating great work
Pride: in our industry and how we represent it
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send a short cover letter (max. 500 words) and a copy of your CV together with your salary expectations to email@example.com.
Application deadline: 30 May 2021
Web link: https://www.techuk.org/
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 02073312047
More about techuk
techUK is the trade association which brings together people, companies, and organisations to realise the positive outcomes of what digital technology can achieve. With over 800 members (the majority of which are SMEs) across the UK, techUK creates a network for innovation and collaboration across business, government, and stakeholders to provide a better future for people, society, the economy, and the planet. By providing expertise and insight, we support our members, partners, and stakeholders as they prepare the UK for what comes next in a constantly changing world.