Glasgow Service Delivery Lead
Salary: £22,700 per year
Planned start date: 25th September 2023
About Smart Works
Smart Works is a dynamic, high profile and fast-growing UK charity that dresses and coaches unemployed women for success at their job interview. We empower each woman by giving her the clothes and the confidence she needs to succeed.
After visiting Smart Works, 69% of clients secure a job within a month, gaining financial independence and transforming their lives.
The Smart Works service is delivered in London, Manchester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Birmingham, Newcastle, Reading and Leeds. Over the past ten years, Smart Works has helped over 30,000 women. It is our mission that any woman who needs our service should be able to find her way to a Smart Works centre.
In April 2022, we launched a new three-year strategy that will see the charity double the number of women helped annually from 5,000 to 10,000 women. To achieve this, we will grow our existing centres and open new centres in key areas of need including Liverpool, Cardiff and Sheffield.
In Scotland, we have our Edinburgh centre which has been operating for eight years, as well as a new centre in Glasgow that opened in November last year.
More information about who we are can be found on our website.
About the role
Across the UK, over 400 organisations refer clients for a Smart Works appointment, including job centres, refuges, prisons, working programme providers and other charities. The team in each Smart Works centre supports clients to access their appointment.
We are recruiting for a Service Delivery Lead based in our Glasgow centre to lead on the smooth running of our service, and create a welcoming atmosphere for all clients, volunteers and visitors. Our team is friendly and professional, and we work closely to make sure every client has an outstanding experience when they visit us.
The Service Delivery Lead will be the first point of contact a client will have with Smart Works, as well as being the main touchpoint for our volunteer team in Glasgow. Therefore, we are looking for a friendly, organised and hardworking individual to ensure the service runs smoothly, and that both clients and volunteers feel supported and empowered. If you’re passionate about supporting women, then this is an ideal opportunity for you.
The role is based in our Glasgow centre, and there may be occasional evening and weekend work as the role holder may be asked to provide key events support.
Smart Works Scotland is part of Smart Works Charity, with Smart Works centres across the UK. There will therefore be some travel and frequent liaison with local centres across the UK and HQ in London, to support induction and training, as well as the day to day role.
Duties and responsibilities
The successful candidate will lead on a range of activities including:
- Being the first point of contact for all clients, volunteers and visitors of the centre, in person, via email and on the phone.
- Managing the central inbox, responding to clients, volunteers, donors and potential supporters.
- Day to day co-ordination of the Smart Works service including booking all client appointments and associated administration and volunteer communications and rota.
- Gathering client data and feedback and maintaining its accuracy on our database.
- Leading on volunteer recruitment, training, engagement and managing volunteer rota.
- Ensuring the dressing room is organised to a high standard.
- Ensuring that the appropriate stock is available for clients, liaising with colleagues on stock needs
- Ensuring all operational policies and procedures including safeguarding are maintained, communicated, and adhered to on service days.
- Performing office management tasks including managing petty cash, and ordering supplies.
Smart Works is a community that shares a passion to empower women to thrive in work and life, determined to meet our aim of helping as many women as we can back into work. The successful candidate will therefore build strong working relationships across this community, with their own immediate staff team as well as other local centres across the UK and at HQ
Skills, knowledge, and personal attributes
- Friendly, enthusiastic and engaging with a variety of people.
- A good team player with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisation skills, with an ability to time manage and prioritise multiple tasks.
- Able to deal with confidential and sensitive situations.
- A confident IT user, with excellent understanding of Microsoft packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience working in a customer service, receptionist or administration role would be advantageous, but is not required.
We particularly welcome applications from black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates, disabled candidates, and candidates with lived experience of unemployment as we would like to increase the representation of these groups at Smart Works.
Smart Works promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace. We make employment decisions by matching the Charity’s needs with the skills and experience of candidates. These decisions are made irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
General duties of a Smart Works staff member
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with all team members and take an active part in staff meetings and discussions.
- Adhere to our policies and procedures and be an ambassador for our charity.
- Play your part in ensuring that each woman who comes through our door is treated with respect and empathy.
Benefits, terms, and conditions
- Full-time role, based in the Glasgow centre. As this is a service delivery position, the successful candidate will be required to work full-time from the centre.
- Monday – Friday with typical working hours 9am – 5pm in line with centre opening times. There may be occasional evening and weekend work to provide key events support.
- Salary of £22,700 FTE.
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays.
- Positive, supportive working environment with opportunities for practical training and progression.
- All successful applicants must provide two satisfactory references, have the right to work in the U.K. and complete a Basic Disclosure check.
How to apply
Please submit a CV and cover letter via our recruitment portal by Sunday 3rd September. Your application should be addressed to Beth Reid. Interviews will be held on the 7th & 8th September and if necessary, the 12th – 14th September.
If you require any reasonable adjustments or alterations for the application and recruitment processes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: 3rd September 11:59pm
Web link: https://smartworks.org.uk/about-us/careers/
Email address: email@example.com
More about Smart Works
Smart Works is a UK charity that provides high quality interview clothes and interview training to unemployed women in need. We harness the power of clothes and confidence to allow a woman to be her best at a crucial moment in her life, giving her the confidence, the self-belief and the practical tools required to succeed at interview and transform her life.