Fundraising and Campaigns Volunteer
Hours: Minimum of 1 full working day per week required for a minimum of 6 months
Planned start date: 01/07/2021
Fundraising and Campaigns Volunteer Responsible to Capability Development Lead
Main Purpose of role: Plan and promote new fundraising activities and campaigns for the charity.
Minimum time commitment: Minimum of 1 full working day per week required for a minimum of 6 months
Location: Hillingdon Women’s Centre and home-based depending on business needs. Hours: 9am-5pm
We need a proactive and enthusiastic individual who can identify new fundraising opportunities for our charity. You’ll need to be a self-starter who is confident in planning and organising creative fundraising events or campaigns, as well as educating others about the work we do. We need volunteers who are passionate about ending gender-based violence and are keen to be involved in supporting a small charity.
- Plan and implement small and large scale fundraising activities, events and campaigns
- Get involved with local awareness events in the community and promote the work of the charity.
- Confidently approach individuals, schools, universities, local authorities, retailers and commercial organisations for sponsorship and donations commercial organisations for sponsorship and donations
- Write emails and speak with potential partners over the phone about the work we do, to secure funds for the organisation
- Create and distribute marketing material for events and work with the Social Media and Communications volunteer to promote these
- Keep an accurate record of the engagements you make as you build our supporter network
- Keep in regular contact with the Capability Development Lead and Centre Manager
- Appropriately represent the Women’s Centre by adhering to all equality and diversity guidelines and use inclusive language when communicating
- Comply with all policies and procedures and work within all GDPR guidelines
- Ability to communicate effectively, with excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for charitable causes and activism in the women’s sector
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and has a good understanding of fundraising
- Can work creatively to devise new fundraising opportunities in light of the current circumstances (covid-19)
- Able to meet deadlines and can work effectively both in a team and independently
- Confidence engaging with stakeholders at all levels and communicates in a professional manner
- A good level of written and oral communication
- Willing to read and keep updated about the women’s sector and be committed to the values our charity embodies
Previous experience fundraising for charitable organisations desirable.
How to apply
Apply using Charity Job
Application deadline: 14/06/2021
Web link: https://www.charityjob.co.uk/volunteer-jobs/hillingdon-women-s-centre/fundraising-and-campaigns-volunteer/746277?tsId=1
Email address: email@example.com