Salary: £29,086 – £31,986 Per Annum
Planned start date: ASAP
We’re building thriving communities as one of the UK’s largest housing groups and a leading developer of affordable housing.
We believe everyone is entitled to a good home they can afford, in a place they are proud to live. More than 100,000 people live in our homes.
If you want to experience work that’s truly rewarding, join us. Because when we achieve together, customers and communities thrive.
Work for Orbit. Believe in people.
In this role of Service Charge Financial Officer you will provide support and assist with the management of the Service Charges for the Estates Team. You will need to ensure that we deliver a fully compliant, highly efficient Service Charge function to our customers.
This role is part of Customer & Communities where you’ll help us to lead the way keeping our promise to more than 100,000 customers.
What you’ll achieve
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- To deliver a highly efficient Service Charge function, ensuring minimal losses due to non-recoverable charges.
- To ensure that the Service Charges are fully compliant with statute and best practice as well as current internal policy and procedure.
- To ensure all customer service charge queries received through the Estates Team are effectively managed, escalating any concerns to the Manager.
- To lead on producing Service Charge budgets and accounts.
- Maintain accurate information on the financial ledgers for example preparing and posting journals, reconciling accounts, analysing information etc.
- Achieve key finance deliverables within agreed deadlines e.g. all aspects of budget setting, management and statutory accounts, balance sheet and control account reconciliations etc.
What you’ll bring
- Experience of Service Charges
- Working knowledge of Landlord & Tenant law in particular the key issues regarding Service Charges.
- Good general standard of education, in particular a good level of numeracy.
- IT skills including use of word and excel and experience of data entry and databases.
- Planning and organisational skills.
Choosing us means being rewarded in every sense.
Here’s what you can expect to enjoy with us.
A rewarding experience that works for you
We strive to create an inclusive experience with benefits and wellbeing programmes designed to help you, and your loved ones, to thrive. For a better work life balance, we offer flexible working opportunities for many roles.
A place to progress
From training programmes to professional qualifications, we provide opportunities to learn and develop at every stage of your career. Whether you’re a student, graduate or experienced professional we’ll support you to grow.
For leaders, our tailored development journeys are designed to stretch and strengthen your leadership skills. As well as practical training, we give you access to renowned business schools and experiential programmes for greater breadth and depth of learning.
A purpose to feel proud of
We’re proud to make a difference to people together. We’re values-driven with a commercial focus on performance – because the more profit we make, the more we can achieve for people.
What brings us together is a passionate belief in progress and people.
Read more about the values and purpose that drive us on our careers website.
How we hire
We aim to make our hiring process simple and fair:
- Online application
- Decision and offer
We put the safeguarding of our customers, colleagues and contractors at the heart of everything we do and as such, certain roles will be subject to a DBS check.
How to apply
Please apply on the link provided
Application deadline: 4/10/2023
More about Orbit Group
Orbit was established in 1967 by two people on a park bench, contemplating how to tackle homelessness. Five decades on, we are one of the largest builders of affordable homes, placing customers and communities at the heart of what we do. Today, over 100,000 people live in an Orbit home and our aim is to ensure the homes we provide and the places we create are good quality, affordable and safe. We also play an active part in the neighbourhoods where we work, supporting local economies and social activity within communities.