Financial Inclusion Lead
Planned start date: ASAP
You will join Orbit at an exciting time. We have just agreed our new Thriving Communities Strategy that will see £12m invested in our Better Days programme between now and 2026.
The aim of the team is to work with customers to use the investment we have to create the maximum social value we can to support environmental, economic and social wellbeing. We work very closely with third sector partners, local authorities and government to co-design initiatives, provide grants for projects and help shape policies to improve the lives of our customers.
Your role at Orbit.
In this exciting new opportunity as Financial Inclusion Lead you will lead and develop the strategic delivery of our Better Days Financial Inclusion Programmes across our communities. This role is key to providing our customers with essential support to deal with life’s challenges, improving their skills to fulfil their potential.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and managing our existing portfolio of financial inclusion programmes
- Management of budgets across the portfolio
- Producing reports and data on the performance and impact of the programme
- Ensuring our approaches are sector leading and deliver impact
- Driving the promotion of good practice in advice delivery
- Work closely with other teams to ensure local support provided around financial inclusion
- Leading on developing our financial inclusion offer by providing training, advice and support to develop new initiatives
- Collate information on challenges, good practice and key considerations to identify and develop additional resources and support
- Working with regional and local level partnerships to help tackle localised social issues
What will help you make a difference.
To be successful in your application for this role of Financial Inclusion Lead you will need to have the ability to build effective networks and partnerships that lead to revenue generation. You will need to have demonstrable knowledge and understanding of relevant government strategy around financial inclusion, policies and trends.
It’s also essential that you have:
- Excellent project and contract management skills
- Proven experience in managing financial inclusion projects and programmes with a track record of delivering results
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to write and present reports including performance and impact reports
- Willingness to continually develop financial inclusion knowledge and professional skills
- Willingness to travel across sites nationally including some overnight stays.
Rewarding your contribution.
For those who want or need more of a work life balance our view is that this role is suitable for WorkSmart. This means we would consider a more flexible working arrangement, where your hours and work location are managed according to business, customer and personal needs. Agile working arrangements will be discussed during the interview process.
Some of our core benefits include:
- Group bonus potential up to 15% of salary
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays and the “Orbit day”
- Private medical insurance
- Excellent contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- A great pick and mix of flexible benefits including the option to buy and sell holiday and much more
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain great people. We are a proud member of EDAC and welcome applications from all individuals regardless of background, age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, religious belief, faith or disability.
We put the safeguarding of our customers, colleagues and contractors at the heart of everything we do and as such, certain roles will be subject to a DBS check.
How to apply
We have so much more that we’d like to share with you so please submit your CV demonstrating the value you could bring to Orbit.
Apply for this opportunity using the web link below and quote ‘EDAC’ where appropriate.
Application deadline: 11 July 2022
More about Orbit Group
Orbit was established in 1967 by two people on a park bench, contemplating how to tackle homelessness. Five decades on, we are one of the largest builders of affordable homes, placing customers and communities at the heart of what we do. Today, over 100,000 people live in an Orbit home and our aim is to ensure the homes we provide and the places we create are good quality, affordable and safe. We also play an active part in the neighbourhoods where we work, supporting local economies and social activity within communities.