Hours: 10 days a year
Planned start date: September
SEA is looking for a new Finance Trustee who will bring a high level of financial acumen to the Board. The successful candidate will ideally be a qualified accountant or have significant experience of working with financial accounts. Importantly, they will possess passion for the charity’s mission. Some previous exposure to the UK charity sector is also welcome but not essential.
Trustees steer the charity, hold the CEO and executive teams to account and proactively seek opportunities for the organisation. They act as ambassadors of the charity in partnership with the executive team.
The successful candidate will also have Board responsibility for oversight of SEA’s finances, ensuring legal compliance and financial risk management.
The main responsibilities of the Trustee Board include:
- Oversight and review of strategic direction, operations and financial performance
- Support and advice to help the charity achieve its purpose and vision and live its values
- Contribution and insight from individual Trustees’ professional perspective and experience to enable the Board to engage in an informed way
- Supporting the Executive, when needed, to help drive delivery and improvement
- Contributing to the work of relevant Board committees
Additionally, the Finance Trustee will:
- Ensure annual budgets and quarterly forecasts are prepared and presented to the Board
- Advise the Board on the financial implications of the organisation’s strategic and operational plans
- Provide oversight and assistance to ensure accurate financial records are kept
- Ensure annual financial statements are prepared in line with relevant accounting standards, and the requirements of the relevant regulators and statutory bodies
How to apply
Please apply via the Nurole website
Application deadline: 29 June 2023
More about Surviving Economic Abuse
Surviving Economic Abuse is the only UK charity dedicated to raising awareness of economic abuse and transforming responses to it.