Hours: 36.25 pw
Salary: £45,066.00 – £49,831.00
Planned start date: ASAP
We’re building thriving communities as one of the UK’s largest housing groups and a leading developer of affordable housing.
We believe everyone is entitled to a good home they can afford, in a place they are proud to live. More than 100,000 people live in our homes.
If you want to experience work that’s truly rewarding, join us. Because when we achieve together, customers and communities thrive.
Work for Orbit. Believe in people.
In this newly created position of Capital Programmes Finance Analyst, which is initially on a 12 month fixed term contract, you will provide an excellent finance service and accurate an relevant financial information to your customers. You will do this by preparing and reviewing results for capital works, including monitoring performance against budget.
This role is part of Finance where you’ll help us to invest more back into communities and design for strength.
What you’ll achieve
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Review the capital works programme in year to ensure only capitalizable costs are classified as such, especially for all accruals
- Liaise with the capital accounting team to ensure all costs identified as capital are treated as such, reconciling on a monthly basis
- For large spend work with the Property Operations team to ensure accounting treatment is agreed prior to the works commencing
- Lead the capitalisation process during month end / year end close
- Develop and maintain capital guidance for Customer & Communities, deliver training and updates to all teams
- Use data held within the business and outside to drive insight to improve performance
- Build relationships across the business (including Directors), ensuring all teams have access to sound financial support.
What you’ll bring
To be successful in this role you will need to have appropriate proven experience in a financial position. It is also essential that:
- Qualified (ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA/ICAEW/equivalent).
- Extensive experience of using Microsoft Excel to provide business information.
- Strong financial analysis and modelling skills.
- Good literacy skills and the ability to communicate clearly with customers at all levels of organisation.
- Ability to develop and maintain constructive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
Choosing us means being rewarded in every sense.
Here’s what you can expect to enjoy with us.
A rewarding experience that works for you
We strive to create an inclusive experience with benefits and wellbeing programmes designed to help you, and your loved ones, to thrive. For a better work life balance, we offer flexible working opportunities for many roles.
A place to progress
From training programmes to professional qualifications, we provide opportunities to learn and develop at every stage of your career. Whether you’re a student, graduate or experienced professional we’ll support you to grow.
For leaders, our tailored development journeys are designed to stretch and strengthen your leadership skills. As well as practical training, we give you access to renowned business schools and experiential programmes for greater breadth and depth of learning.
A purpose to feel proud of
We’re proud to make a difference to people together. We’re values-driven with a commercial focus on performance – because the more profit we make, the more we can achieve for people.
What brings us together is a passionate belief in progress and people.
Read more about the values and purpose that drive us on our careers website.
How we hire
We aim to make our hiring process simple and fair:
- Online application
- Decision and offer
We put the safeguarding of our customers, colleagues and contractors at the heart of everything we do and as such, certain roles will be subject to a DBS check.
How to apply
Please apply on the link provided
Application deadline: 28th August
More about Orbit Group
Orbit was established in 1967 by two people on a park bench, contemplating how to tackle homelessness. Five decades on, we are one of the largest builders of affordable homes, placing customers and communities at the heart of what we do. Today, over 100,000 people live in an Orbit home and our aim is to ensure the homes we provide and the places we create are good quality, affordable and safe. We also play an active part in the neighbourhoods where we work, supporting local economies and social activity within communities.