Hours: 36.25 pw
Planned start date: Asap
We’re building thriving communities as one of the UK’s largest housing groups and a leading developer of affordable housing.
We believe everyone is entitled to a good home they can afford, in a place they are proud to live. More than 100,000 people live in our homes.
If you want to experience work that’s truly rewarding, join us. Because when we achieve together, customers and communities thrive.
Work for Orbit. Believe in people.
In this role of Mobile Facilities Officer you will be based out of our Norwich office and be responsible for looking after a number of sites across Norfolk, with occasional travel to the South East of the UK, where you provide a professional, customer focused facilities service to both internal and external customers within our offices. You will ensure that offices are Health and Safety compliant and undertake the inspection of estate facilities and welfare premises.
This role is part of People and Strategy where you’ll help us to build a culture and brand that people want to be part of.
Interviews to be held on 5th and/or 6th September in person
What you’ll achieve
You will be responsible for:
- To provide an efficient post room service at each office
- To record occupancy levels at offices, and assist with the administration of room/desk booking facilities and to ensure all customer requests received by Facilities are recorded, monitored and actioned within agreed timescales
- To be responsible for all administration relating to Facilities and maintenance of records
- To place orders for stationery, refreshment supplies and equipment and manage stocks
- To act as Fire Marshal and First Aider and to carry out Health and Safety duties within offices, including carrying out and reviewing risk assessments.
- To induct and supervise contractors, including cleaning staff and ensure works are completed to the required standards and to ensure maintenance and repairs are carried out in offices in a timely manner.
What you’ll bring
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of Facilities Services, including Fire & Security, M&E and HVAC systems.
- Proficient in the use of IT systems and Microsoft packages including word, excel and outlook.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- The ability to travel between sites, to meet the needs of the business.
Choosing us means being rewarded in every sense.
Here’s what you can expect to enjoy with us.
A rewarding experience that works for you
We strive to create an inclusive experience with benefits and wellbeing programmes designed to help you, and your loved ones, to thrive. For a better work life balance, we offer flexible working opportunities for many roles.
A place to progress
From training programmes to professional qualifications, we provide opportunities to learn and develop at every stage of your career. Whether you’re a student, graduate or experienced professional we’ll support you to grow.
For leaders, our tailored development journeys are designed to stretch and strengthen your leadership skills. As well as practical training, we give you access to renowned business schools and experiential programmes for greater breadth and depth of learning.
A purpose to feel proud of
We’re proud to make a difference to people together. We’re values-driven with a commercial focus on performance – because the more profit we make, the more we can achieve for people.
What brings us together is a passionate belief in progress and people. Read more about the values and purpose that drive us on our careers website.
How we hire
We aim to make our hiring process simple and fair:
- Online application
- Decision and offer
We put the safeguarding of our customers, colleagues and contractors at the heart of everything we do and as such, certain roles will be subject to a DBS check.
How to apply
Please apply on the link below
Application deadline: 25th August
More about Orbit Group
Orbit was established in 1967 by two people on a park bench, contemplating how to tackle homelessness. Five decades on, we are one of the largest builders of affordable homes, placing customers and communities at the heart of what we do. Today, over 100,000 people live in an Orbit home and our aim is to ensure the homes we provide and the places we create are good quality, affordable and safe. We also play an active part in the neighbourhoods where we work, supporting local economies and social activity within communities.