Facilities Assistant / Receptionist
Planned start date: July 2022
Orbit is a fantastic business and one that’s really going places.
Orbit was formed in 1967 with the aim of providing good-quality housing for people who would otherwise not be able to afford to buy their own home.
Over 50 years later, we’re one of the leading housing providers in the UK. Our services have diversified, our housing portfolio has expanded, and our reputation as an innovator within our sector has grown. But one thing that has never changed. Our belief in people and what they can achieve.
Your role at Orbit.
In this role of Facilities Assistant you will be providing a professional reception service for all staff and visitors. You will be required to provide a range of facilities services including post room operations, stock control, office security systems, reporting repairs, monitoring cleaning standards and maintaining office equipment.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Meet and greet visitors coming in to the office
- Monitor CCTV systems and report any incidents
- Control car park booking and general car park arrangements
- Receive facilities requests via telephone and email
- Carry out post room duties including sorting and franking post
- Monitor cleaning standards and arrange specialist cleaning or spraying
- Ensure dishwashers are emptied and crockery put away on a daily basis
- Ensure kitchens and meeting rooms are stocked
- Ensure coffee machine is replenished and kitchen areas kept clean and tidy
- Ensure business areas are clean and tidy
- Ensure printers and copiers are maintained at all times
- Replenish stationery stocks in business areas
- Receive and deliver parcels around the building
- Provide admin support when required, including production of identity cards
- Support the Senior FO to ensure offices are fully health and safety compliant
- Provide absence cover at other local offices
- Act as an out of hours key holder in the event of a building incident
What will help you make a difference.
To be successful in this role of Facilities Assistant you will need to have excellent customer service skills with strong communication skills both in person, over the phone and on email. You will also need to be able to work under pressure and have a hands-on proactive approach to work.
Rewarding your contribution.
We understand that everyone has different needs when it comes to benefits. That’s why we have created an attractive benefits package with the option to select and purchase flexible benefits to suit your individual circumstances.
Some of our core benefits include:
- Group bonus potential up to 15% of salary
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays and the “Orbit day”
- Private medical insurance
- Excellent contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- A great pick and mix of flexible benefits including the option to buy and sell holiday and much more
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain great people. We are a proud member of EDAC and welcome applications from all individuals regardless of background, age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, religious belief, faith or disability.
We put the safeguarding of our customers, colleagues and contractors at the heart of everything we do and as such, certain roles will be subject to a DBS check.
How to apply
We have so much more that we’d like to share with you so please submit your CV demonstrating the value you could bring to Orbit. Apply for this opportunity using the web link below and quote ‘EDAC’ where appropriate.
Application deadline: 20 June 2022
More about Orbit Group
Orbit was established in 1967 by two people on a park bench, contemplating how to tackle homelessness. Five decades on, we are one of the largest builders of affordable homes, placing customers and communities at the heart of what we do. Today, over 100,000 people live in an Orbit home and our aim is to ensure the homes we provide and the places we create are good quality, affordable and safe. We also play an active part in the neighbourhoods where we work, supporting local economies and social activity within communities.