Compulsive and Obsessive Behaviour Intervention Officer
Location: Kent. Travel across the county may be required to manage cases and attend meetings
Contract: Fixed term contract until July 2023
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week (Mon-Fri)
Closing date: 24 August 2022Location: Kent
Planned start date: ASAP
We’re looking to recruit a Compulsive and Obsessive Behaviour Intervention (COBI) Officer, to provide one-to-one specialist stalking interventions for individuals identified by our partner agencies. Using a treatment-based Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), you’ll work to reduce the risk of harm to others and support perpetrators to understand how to develop healthy, non-abusive behaviours.
We’ll need your ability to form and maintain constructive working relationships as you work with all multi-agency staff including police, substance misuse staff, survivor services and mental health staff to reduce and manage the risk of harm and risk of reoffending.
Our successful candidate will ideally have knowledge and experience of DBT, however, we’re mainly looking for relevant market experience and the ability to work with and influence participants with challenging behaviour and complex needs.
This is an excellent opportunity to promote positive change, the protection of victims and children, plus the development of pro-social behaviour through a multi-agency approach.
In return for your dedication, knowledge, and commitment, we’re offering a competitive salary of £30,240 – £33,600 (dependent on experience) with these great benefits:
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays + Birthday Day off (with the opportunity to buy additional days)
- 2 Volunteer Days
- Pension – 5% Employee 5% Employer
- Healthcare Cash Plan, incl. 3 x salary life assurance
- Annual Salary Increase in line with national average
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Free access to BenefitHub – an online portal with access to a wide range of retail discounts, cycle to work scheme and additional voluntary benefits
Interested? There’s an easy-to-apply route below to upload your CV! If you need any further information, email email@example.com or call 01702 208282.
Interventions Alliance is part of an employee-owned organisation and we continually pride ourselves on our sense of community, both in the incredible work we do throughout UK and Ireland, and internally within our 2,500-strong team. People are at the front, centre, and heart of every service we provide and each decision we make.
- Manage a caseload of participants subject to Stalking Protection Orders, from the point of induction to completion
- Develop engagement pans and provide regular face-to-face and remote interventions
- Maintain accurate and timely records of all data, including attendance, risk and engagement and behavioural issues
- Maintain productive working relationships with participants, colleagues, and multi-agency staff
Skills & Experience
We are looking for someone with a good understanding of:
- Issues related to stalking, domestic abuse, and child protection
- Principles of case management and maintaining case management records
- Understanding the principles of Dialectical Behavioural Therapy
- Basic risk management principles
- The importance of multi-agency work
You will be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Seetec – Interventions Alliance supports the recruitment of ex-offenders and will not discriminate in any way. Our full policy statement of “Ex-Offenders” can be found on our website under” About us”
Seetec – Interventions Alliance is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How to apply
Apply for this role using the web link below, please reference EDAC where possible and/ or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Application deadline: 24/08/2022
Web link: https://jobs.seetec.co.uk//job-invite/28037/
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: 01702 208282
More about Seetec Business Technology Company Limited
Working with a number of specialist partners, Seetec supports individuals from all walks of life to enter and progress in the world of work. We create and source jobs and opportunities, and by focusing on people’s strengths we raise aspirations and help them overcome their barriers to work and develop the skills that employers are looking for.