Complaints Assurance Coordinator
Hours: 36.25 pa
Salary: £25,414 – £27,969 Per Annum
Planned start date: ASAP
We’re building thriving communities as one of the UK’s largest housing groups and a leading developer of affordable housing. We believe everyone is entitled to a good home they can afford, in a place they are proud to live. More than 100,000 people live in our homes.
If you want to experience work that’s truly rewarding, join us. Because when we achieve together, customers and communities thrive.
Work for Orbit. Believe in people.
Orbit are delighted to announce that we are looking to grow our Engagement and Improvement Team by recruiting a Complaints Assurance Coordinator. In this role you will be responsible for coordinating effective and timely facilitation of stage two complaint reviews and Housing Ombudsman investigations.
You will need to develop positive working relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure that stage two complaints are handled in line with the Housing Ombudsman’s handling code ensuring that compliance is met and learning from when things go wrong.
This role is part of Customer & Communities where you’ll help us to lead the way keeping our promise to more than 100,000 customers.
What you’ll achieve
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure that all stage two complaint reviews and Housing Ombudsman investigations are handled within all relevant timescales, records are up to date and accurate, and that customers are kept up to date.
- Support other business areas with effective facilitation and co-ordination of stage two complaints reviews and responses to Housing Ombudsman investigations, highlighting relevant procedures to ensure stage two complaint reviews are resolved effectively, timely, and compliantly.
- Account management of customer accounts that have been through a stage two complaint review to ensure all proposed remedies are completed.
- Champion a positive complaint handling culture by developing effective working relationships with internal stakeholders and supporting them with complaint handling best practice.
What you’ll bring
To be successful in this role of Complaints Assurance Coordinator you will need to be an effective communicator who has a proven track record of building long lasting relationships and the ability to negotiate and influence where appropriate.
- At least 2 years of experience in complaint handling
- Completed any relevant complaints handling training or accreditations
- Strong knowledge of the regulatory framework for complaints handling in social housing and current good practice.
- Excellent written and inter-personal skills with the ability to read and interpret complex information
- Basic IT Skills including the use of Microsoft packages
Choosing us means being rewarded in every sense.
Here’s what you can expect to enjoy with us.
A rewarding experience that works for you
We strive to create an inclusive experience with benefits and wellbeing programmes designed to help you, and your loved ones, to thrive. For a better work life balance, we offer flexible working opportunities for many roles.
A place to progress
From training programmes to professional qualifications, we provide opportunities to learn and develop at every stage of your career. Whether you’re a student, graduate or experienced professional we’ll support you to grow.
For leaders, our tailored development journeys are designed to stretch and strengthen your leadership skills. As well as practical training, we give you access to renowned business schools and experiential programmes for greater breadth and depth of learning.
A purpose to feel proud of
We’re proud to make a difference to people together. We’re values-driven with a commercial focus on performance – because the more profit we make, the more we can achieve for people.
What brings us together is a passionate belief in progress and people.
Read more about the values and purpose that drive us on our careers website.
How we hire
We aim to make our hiring process simple and fair:
- Online application
- Decision and offer
We put the safeguarding of our customers, colleagues and contractors at the heart of everything we do and as such, certain roles will be subject to a DBS check.
How to apply
Please apply on the link below
Application deadline: 18/08/2023
More about Orbit Group
Orbit was established in 1967 by two people on a park bench, contemplating how to tackle homelessness. Five decades on, we are one of the largest builders of affordable homes, placing customers and communities at the heart of what we do. Today, over 100,000 people live in an Orbit home and our aim is to ensure the homes we provide and the places we create are good quality, affordable and safe. We also play an active part in the neighbourhoods where we work, supporting local economies and social activity within communities.