Hours: 36.24 pa
Salary: £39,950 – £43,500 Per Annum
Planned start date: ASAP
We’re building thriving communities as one of the UK’s largest housing groups and a leading developer of affordable housing.
We believe everyone is entitled to a good home they can afford, in a place they are proud to live. More than 100,000 people live in our homes.
If you want to experience work that’s truly rewarding, join us. Because when we achieve together, customers and communities thrive.
Work for Orbit. Believe in people.
In this newly created position of Buyer you will be managing the day to day need from the business to recommend supplier solutions and negotiate pricing and terms and conditions for purchase contracts/orders. This will be for suppliers with an annual spend of between £10,000 and £100,000 and spot buys of over £10,000 to achieve value for money and manage risk.
This role is part of Customer & Communities where you’ll help us to lead the way keeping our promise to more than 100,000 customers.
What you’ll achieve
- Review and analyse spend with suppliers to increase spend under contract, achieve savings and mitigate risk
- Review contract lifecycle analysis to plan contract expiry and renewal pipeline
- Manage, review and validate purchase requests
- Review and analyse business purchase needs to determine the best strategy to meet requirements
- Enforce compliance to PCR15 through use of contracted suppliers
- Identify and source potential suppliers based on purchase needs
- Maximise competitive sourcing opportunities
- Collaborate with the wider procurement team to ensure alignment with category strategy
- Pre-qualify suppliers based on ability to meet or provide purchase needs
- Determine and develop RFx approach for supplier selection
- Negotiate and agree best pricing terms and conditions
- Provide stakeholders and suppliers with education and advice of contract/purchase execution tasks
- Manage contract approval and signature processes
- Share best practice and experience
- Create, develop and maintain RFx templates for use with all types of sourcing activity
- Maintain strong understanding and knowledge of legal toolkit
- Proactively develop, build and maintain working relationship with key business partners and suppliers
What you’ll bring
To be successful in this role of buyer you will need to have previous experience working in a sourcing or buying role and ideally be CIPS qualified or working towards the qualification. You will need a working knowledge of category management, sourcing, contract lifecycle and supplier relationship management.
- Ability to educate and inform stakeholders on basic purchasing process
- Working knowledge and practical experience using eSourcing systems to run sourcing events
- Highly organised with ability to multitask, prioritise and manage a high workload
- Able to work at pace and maintain a high attention to detail
- Ability to communicate and influence at multiple levels
- Excellent desktop computing skills
- Knowledge of English contract law, procurement legislation, regulations, standards, procedures and techniques relevant to a registered provider
Choosing us means being rewarded in every sense.
Here’s what you can expect to enjoy with us.
A rewarding experience that works for you
We strive to create an inclusive experience with benefits and wellbeing programmes designed to help you, and your loved ones, to thrive. For a better work life balance, we offer flexible working opportunities for many roles.
A place to progress
From training programmes to professional qualifications, we provide opportunities to learn and develop at every stage of your career. Whether you’re a student, graduate or experienced professional we’ll support you to grow.
For leaders, our tailored development journeys are designed to stretch and strengthen your leadership skills. As well as practical training, we give you access to renowned business schools and experiential programmes for greater breadth and depth of learning.
A purpose to feel proud of
We’re proud to make a difference to people together. We’re values-driven with a commercial focus on performance – because the more profit we make, the more we can achieve for people.
What brings us together is a passionate belief in progress and people.
Read more about the values and purpose that drive us on our careers website.
How we hire
We aim to make our hiring process simple and fair:
- Online application
- Decision and offer
We put the safeguarding of our customers, colleagues and contractors at the heart of everything we do and as such, certain roles will be subject to a DBS check.
How to apply
Please apply on the link provided
Application deadline: 3/10/2023
More about Orbit Group
Orbit was established in 1967 by two people on a park bench, contemplating how to tackle homelessness. Five decades on, we are one of the largest builders of affordable homes, placing customers and communities at the heart of what we do. Today, over 100,000 people live in an Orbit home and our aim is to ensure the homes we provide and the places we create are good quality, affordable and safe. We also play an active part in the neighbourhoods where we work, supporting local economies and social activity within communities.