Planned start date: ASAP
You will join Orbit at an exciting time. We have just agreed our new Thriving Communities Strategy that will see £12m invested in our Better Days programme between now and 2026.
The aim of the team is to work with customers to use the investment we have to create the maximum social value we can to support environmental, economic and social wellbeing.
We work very closely with third sector partners, local authorities and government to co-design initiatives, provide grants for projects and help shape policies to improve the lives of our customers.
Your role at Orbit.
In this brand new position of Administrator you will be playing a key role supporting the work of the Thriving Communities team by providing effective administration support. You will ensure that our systems and processes run efficiently and team diaries and meetings are well coordinated. You will do this by being responsible for:
- The marketing and customer communications for local engagement and activities
- Leading on administration of our grants and awards programmes
- Providing operational support
- Minute taking and diary support across the SMT
- Liaising with third party suppliers
- Supporting our quarterly monitoring processes
- Supporting the team with financial procedures
- Supporting the continual review and improvement of our systems and processes
- Assisting at events where appropriate
What will help you make a difference.
To be successful in this role of Administrator you will need to have previous experience of supporting project management processes including claims processes. It is also essential that you have:
- Ability to create new systems and processes
- Good level of numeracy and literacy
- Excellent IT Skills
- Excellent communication skills including experience of dealing directly with customers
- Experience of data entry, management and maintenance of databases
- Experience of office administration including diary management
Rewarding your contribution.
For those who want or need more of a work life balance our view is that this role is suitable for WorkSmart. This means we would consider a more flexible working arrangement, where your hours and work location are managed according to business, customer and personal needs. Agile working arrangements will be discussed during the interview process.
Some of our core benefits include:
- Group bonus potential up to 15% of salary
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays and the “Orbit day”
- Private medical insurance
- Excellent contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- A great pick and mix of flexible benefits including the option to buy and sell holiday and much more
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain great people. We are a proud member of EDAC and welcome applications from all individuals regardless of background, age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, religious belief, faith or disability.
We put the safeguarding of our customers, colleagues and contractors at the heart of everything we do and as such, certain roles will be subject to a DBS check.
How to apply
We have so much more that we’d like to share with you so please submit your CV demonstrating the value you could bring to Orbit. Apply for this opportunity using the web link below and quote ‘EDAC’ where appropriate.
Application deadline: 11 July 2022
More about Orbit Group
Orbit was established in 1967 by two people on a park bench, contemplating how to tackle homelessness. Five decades on, we are one of the largest builders of affordable homes, placing customers and communities at the heart of what we do. Today, over 100,000 people live in an Orbit home and our aim is to ensure the homes we provide and the places we create are good quality, affordable and safe. We also play an active part in the neighbourhoods where we work, supporting local economies and social activity within communities.