20 Day Paid Work Placements
Role: Placement Administrator (SEE/EDI)
Job location: London- North Acton
Working hours: Weekdays
Flexible working: We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. This might be part-time, remote working, or compressed hours for example. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the placement.
This is an exciting placement opportunity to support our wider Social Sustainability team, working across our HS2 route to create a diverse and inclusive workplace and support our local communities. You will provide administrative support which will contribute towards our contractual targets around Skills, Employment, Education, Diversity, and the importance of an Inclusive workforce.
You will be exposed to different activities/tasks supporting recruitment programs, ensuring fair recruitment and selection, school engagement, collecting data and general administration.
Depending on the team you are supporting, you will report into either the EDI Manager or SEE Lead.
- Create PowerPoint slides that promote STEM subjects and construction
- Support the SEE Lead with administrative tasks that support employment opportunities for previously unemployed local people
- Be the point of contact for partners that we work with which may include phone calls, attending forums or arranging interviews
- Attend Career fairs and career days at local schools to promote HS2 job roles and apprenticeships
- Data collection, inputting, and reporting
- Promote Equality, Diversity and inclusion
Required qualifications, skills, behaviours and attributes
- Demonstrable time management and stakeholder relationship skills, enabling prioritization of multiple activities.
- PC Literate with experience of Microsoft Office.
How to apply
Please call EDAC on 0300 103 3231 for more details or email email@example.com with your CV
Application deadline: ongoing
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 0300 103 3231
More about SCS Railways
HS2 is a state-of-the-art, high-speed line critical for the UK’s low carbon transport future. It will provide much-needed rail capacity across the country, and is integral to rail projects in the North and Midlands – helping rebalance the UK economy. Skanska Costain STRABAG Joint Venture (SCS JV) are working together to deliver HS2 along the final 26.4km of HS2’s journey to its southern terminus in Euston. The JV will complete challenging works taking the railway from Northolt to Euston via Old Oak Common, building a variety of structures requiring expert precision and care. As 95% (21km) of the route will be in tunnel, SCS will be running seven tunnel boring machines (TBMs), of which five will operate simultaneously.