Hours: 37.5 hrs pw
Salary: £36,000 pa
Planned start date: September
Would you like to join a small but mighty charity, working as part of an inspirational team delivering real change for women and girls? Are you passionate about the power of training to influence deep and lasting change? We are looking for a Training Manager who can support us to lead a growing training function generating significant income for the charity.
As our Training Manager, you will help shape an exciting new role dedicated to leadership and management of a training function with incredible potential to transform responses to economic abuse. Building on an existing track record of high-quality training, you will be responsible for supporting a growing training team. The creation of this role marks a significant new investment in the training function, reflecting the growth in training sales and the potential to further expand our training offer.
Strategy and Leadership
- Leads the training function, working across SEA to ensure coordination and consistency in the training offer.
- Works with SLT and team members to lead a review and make recommendations on how the training function is organised at SEA.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of training strategy in collaboration with team members and external partners.
- Develops new partnerships and nurtures existing partnerships to meet training goals.
- Plans training income generation targets and manages training budget and resources, working closely with team members with responsibility for corporate fundraising and finance.
- Keeps up to date with best practice in training and domestic abuse sector to support innovative and relevant training.
- Creates spaces for continuous reflection and adaptions to SEA’s training strategy.
- Line manages the training team, including Lead Trainer and Training and Partnership Officer.
- Supports the Lead Trainer in managing Training Associates.
- Recruits team members and ensures they receive high quality induction and on-boarding, working alongside other members of the team.
- Plans training team structure and adapts roles as necessary to meet organisational goals.
- Facilitates regular training team meetings and supports day-to-day decision-making and problem-solving.
- Supports and motivates team members to meet objectives, manage workloads, nurture strengths and support wellbeing.
- Models SEA’s values and behaviours
- Contributes to annual operational planning, working with others to determine priorities, roll-out plans and deadlines.
- Works alongside the Lead Trainer to ensure the quality of training delivery, including ensuring appropriate safeguarding mechanisms are in place.
- Coordinates regularly across teams and functions, particularly with the specialist team (re. women’s sector and financial services training offer)
- Project manages the delivery of training projects and high-value training bookings with support from the Training & Partnerships Officer.
- Leads SEA’s training marketing approach, supporting team members to prepare marketing plans and materials.
- Works with SEA’s Finance manager to ensure all financial rules are followed, and income and expenditure is correctly allocated within management and funder reports.
- Ensures the team have a robust pipeline of training leads which are converted into sales.
- Supports the team to develops training and consultancy proposals for high-value sales opportunities.
- Represents SEA effectively to convert high-value training sales leads and opportunities into bookings.
- Manages and mitigates risks, including any complaints.
Monitoring and Impact
- Monitors performance against training income forecasts and pipeline, with reporting and analysis support from the Training and Partnerships Officer
- Works with team members to ensure the evaluation of training and the creation of appropriate evaluation processes and feedback mechanism.
- Ensures continuous improvement and adjustments as training function grows.
How to apply
Please apply via our website
Application deadline: 26th June 2023
More about Surviving Economic Abuse
Surviving Economic Abuse is the only UK charity dedicated to raising awareness of economic abuse and transforming responses to it.