Tech Partnership Degrees – Head of Marketing
Location: techUK, 10 St Bride street, London, , EC4A 4AD
Hours: 35 hours
Salary: £40,000-£55,000 per annum
Planned start date: 1 July 2021
Tech Partnership Degrees Overview
Tech Partnership Degrees is an employer-led organisation that brings employers and educators together to offer professional accreditation of educational programmes that equip students and learners for work in a changing world.
In October 2020, the organisation became a wholly owned subsidiary of techUK, the tech trade association. This new alliance creates opportunities to build on the complementary strengths and market position of these two organisations with a particular relevance in today’s market to support digital skills development and improve employment pathways.
Tech Partnership Degrees partners with universities and educational institutions across the UK to signpost officially accredited digital courses that get students ready for the workplace and create partnerships for what comes next.
As we head towards a digital society, we need people with the tech skills to succeed and a workforce that can thrive in a changing world. Tech Partnership Degrees is on a mission to fuel UK tech jobs with the best possible talent. In 2021, we are undertaking a full rebrand to align our brand identity with our refreshed approach. As we transform ourselves, we are looking for a passionate marketing specialist to help us succeed in equipping the workforce with the skills they need for the future.
The successful candidate will lead the rollout of the new brand and develop a marketing and communications strategy that will propel our business into an era of accelerated growth and opportunity. They will work closely with the Managing Director and the Marketing Director at techUK to design and implement a strategy that will have maximum impact, taking full advantage of the resources available across the parent company, techUK, and working closely with Tech Partnership Degrees’ existing community.
As part of a small team, the individual will play an essential role in the long-term effectiveness of our business, ensuring we leverage our brand to attract new educators, employers and students as well as develop new commercial offerings.
- Create and drive an ambitious multi-channel marketing strategy (digital, social, online, website, events) for the new brand and its products, ensuring business goals are supported
- Ensure all marketing content is of the highest standards, reflects the company’s key messages and is amplified across all appropriate platforms
- Build the new brand’s reputation, acting as a brand guardian, working with external providers to develop guidelines and create assets needed to support our objectives
- Develop content for and manage newsletters communications and social media channels to amplify the key messages of the organisation
- Work with the techUK Comms Manager to design and ensure delivery of external communications campaigns to build brand awareness and respond to media requests
- Work with techUK Marketing and Digital Transformation teams to support the smooth alignment of working processes across the organisations
- Ensure marketing data is accurately recorded and reported. This includes monthly reporting on marketing performance and recommendations to the internal team and further reporting to the Board.
- Multi-channel marketing strategy development
- Execution of the marketing function (including brand, social media, direct mail and web content management)
- Able to understand and act on data-driven measurement
- Copywriting and editing skills for multiple audiences and platforms
- Able to brief external agencies/specialists within the team on campaigns/support needed.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- An experienced strategic marketing communications specialist with a passion for technology and digital skills in the workforce
- A self-starter with a proven track record in delivering strategy-led, impactful campaigns using multiple channels (direct marketing, media relations, digital content, events management) that support business growth
- A strong storyteller with demonstrable success in building brand impact across a range of B2B and B2C audiences, preferably including large enterprise businesses and academia
- A proactive decision-maker able to effectively analyse marketing data and create and deliver plans based on insights to support the organisational goals
- Experience managing and using social media platforms, CRM and CMS tools
- This is a ‘hands on’ role that will require someone who welcomes the opportunity to put ideas into action and deliver outstanding results.
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Experience working in the tech sector, training or academic environments
- Experience of launching and building a brand in a B2B environment
- Previous work in the accreditation and training landscape in digital skills and an understanding of trade associations/membership bodies
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics, ClickDimensions, ReadyMembership CMS, MailChimp and/or Word Press.
This is a full time role, reporting to the Director of Brand, Marketing and Communications, based at techUK’s London offices, however techUK operates a flexible working policy. Currently all staff are working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to commencement of employment. Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of applying, please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
The salary range for this role is £40,000-£55,000 per annum based upon experience.
Our culture is one of collaboration, inclusivity and empowerment which is reflected in our core values:
Respect: for each other, our work and our stakeholders
Courage: when embracing change and transformation
Integrity: honesty and genuine through our approach
Generosity: in sharing time and knowledge and celebrating great work
Pride: in our industry and how we represent it
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send a short cover letter (max. 500 words) and a copy of your CV together with your salary expectations to email@example.com.
Application deadline: 30 May 2021
Web link: https://www.techuk.org/
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 02073312047
More about techuk
techUK is the trade association which brings together people, companies, and organisations to realise the positive outcomes of what digital technology can achieve. With over 800 members (the majority of which are SMEs) across the UK, techUK creates a network for innovation and collaboration across business, government, and stakeholders to provide a better future for people, society, the economy, and the planet. By providing expertise and insight, we support our members, partners, and stakeholders as they prepare the UK for what comes next in a constantly changing world.