Smart Works Birmingham Fundraising and Partnerships Manager
Hours: 20-40 pw
Planned start date: 01/03/2023
We are looking for a focused, creative and forward-thinking individual to join our team to help build the long-term future of Smart Works in Birmingham. The role requires a self-starting and proactive approach, excellent communication and networking skills and experience in generating income.
The Fundraising and Partnerships Manager will have responsibility for the operational aspects of fundraising for Smart Works Birmingham, reporting into the Chairwoman of the Board of Trustees. They will be supported with the hands-on fundraising by our wonderful team of volunteers. The role will be varied with responsibility for leading on the design and delivery of the future of Smart Works Birmingham’s annual fundraising strategy with events, corporate partnership management and community fundraising.
The role holder will be able to understand and speak to the financial position of the Charity and work collaboratively with the Treasurer when developing future financial forecasts. The role would be based in the Birmingham centre but can incorporate flexible working. There will be occasional evening and weekend work as the role holder will provide key events support.
Smart Works Birmingham has an umbrella organisation, Smart Works Charity based in London, and there maybe be some infrequent travel to London. There will be liaison with the London team to support induction and training, plus participation in regular on-line meetings, phone calls and attending our annual conferences.
All successful applicants will be required to complete a basic DBS check and hold a valid UK driving licence.
The successful candidate will lead a range of activities, including:
- Maintaining an up-to-date database with relevant income tracking and pipeline information and supporting on future financial forecasts for reporting to the Board of Trustees.
- Leading and running fundraising events for Smart Works Birmingham, including our Designer /Vintage fashion sales and lunches.
- Working with our existing bid writer to ensure that monitoring and reporting to funders is both timely and sufficient.
- Managing our community fundraising campaigns, such as Cycle for Smart Works and The Big Give or similar.
- Representing Smart Works Birmingham when working with a diverse range of stakeholders including corporate and retail audiences, grant providers and our fundraising volunteers.
The successful candidate will build strong working relations with our staff team, Chairwoman and Treasurer of the Board of Trustees, as well as the team at Smart Works HQ. We are a community that shares a passion to empower women to thrive in work and life, determined to meet our aim of helping as many women as we can back into work.
Your skills, knowledge and personal attributes
- A proven track record in arranging and managing events.
- A proven track record of working with funding applications and strategies and generating income from a variety of sources is a benefit, but not essential if other transferable skills can be demonstrated.
- A detailed understanding of the fundraising landscape in the West Midlands would be a benefit but not essential given our existing knowledge.
- Proven ability to manage relationships across varying levels of seniority and sectors.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Target-driven, with excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Self-starter with a strong track record in being proactive and flexible.
- Confidence when working with basic financial forecasts.
- Ability to prepare brief written reports for the Board of Trustees, and Smart Works HQ.
We promote equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and make recruitment decisions by matching the Charity’s needs with the skills and experience of candidates. These decisions are made irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We are keen to encourage a diverse range of perspectives, skills, experience, and knowledge within Smart Works Charity.
How to apply
Apply for this opportunity using the website link below
Application deadline: 10/02/2023
Web link: https://smartworks.org.uk/careers/smart-works-birmingham-fundraising-and-partnerships-manager/
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
More about Smart Works
Smart Works is a UK charity that provides high quality interview clothes and interview training to unemployed women in need. We harness the power of clothes and confidence to allow a woman to be her best at a crucial moment in her life, giving her the confidence, the self-belief and the practical tools required to succeed at interview and transform her life.