Independent Living Scheme Officer
Hours: 20 pw
Salary: £24,729 – £27,213 Per Annum
Planned start date: ASAP
We’re building thriving communities as one of the UK’s largest housing groups and a leading developer of affordable housing.
We believe everyone is entitled to a good home they can afford, in a place they are proud to live. More than 100,000 people live in our homes.
If you want to experience work that’s truly rewarding, join us. Because when we achieve together, customers and communities thrive.
Work for Orbit. Believe in people.
Salary shown is full time equivalent. This is a part time role based on 20 hours per week (working pattern to be discussed at interview) and will be based at a scheme in Wellingborough. 6 month contract available
The role is to effectively and professionally manage sheltered housing in line with Orbit’s polices and procedures. To provide high quality housing related support to older and vulnerable people, promoting independence and providing a safe and secure environment for our customers to live in. To be the advocate for sheltered housing and promote the service with internal teams and external stakeholders.
This role is part of Customer & Communities where you’ll help us to lead the way keeping our promise to more than 100,000 customers.
What you’ll achieve
- Responsible for maintaining H&S requirements in accordance with H&S policies and specific risk assessments.
- Responsible for ensuring all administration is efficiently and effectively completed in accordance with Orbit’s policies, procedures and practices.
- Manage the voids within the scheme to ensure they are let as quickly as possible to a suitable applicant, so as to reduce the void loss
- Responsible for making sure new customers are inducted and welcomed to the scheme, so they understand how the services operate
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with customers and ensure adhering to code of conduct and professional boundaries
What you’ll bring
- Listens and develops a clear understanding of situations/issues/queries, to resolve matters
- Competent user of ICT, with the ability to send emails, compose and print letters, complete online forms and be able to use in-house IT packages such as Microsoft word, outlook and excel
- Knowledge and/or experience of the issues faced by older people or vulnerable groups
- Able to build and maintain professional relationships with customers
- Effective problem solving and negotiating skills
- CIH level 2 or 3 in Housing Practice, equivalent qualification or the desire to undertake a professional qualification
Choosing us means being rewarded in every sense.
Here’s what you can expect to enjoy with us.
A rewarding experience that works for you
We strive to create an inclusive experience with benefits and wellbeing programmes designed to help you, and your loved ones, to thrive. For a better work life balance, we offer flexible working opportunities for many roles.
A place to progress
From training programmes to professional qualifications, we provide opportunities to learn and develop at every stage of your career. Whether you’re a student, graduate or experienced professional we’ll support you to grow.
For leaders, our tailored development journeys are designed to stretch and strengthen your leadership skills. As well as practical training, we give you access to renowned business schools and experiential programmes for greater breadth and depth of learning.
A purpose to feel proud of
We’re proud to make a difference to people together. We’re values-driven with a commercial focus on performance – because the more profit we make, the more we can achieve for people.
What brings us together is a passionate belief in progress and people.
Read more about the values and purpose that drive us on our careers website.
How we hire
We aim to make our hiring process simple and fair:
- Online application
- Decision and offer
We put the safeguarding of our customers, colleagues and contractors at the heart of everything we do and as such, certain roles will be subject to a DBS check.
How to apply
Please apply on the link below
Application deadline: 10th Sept 2023
More about Orbit Group
Orbit was established in 1967 by two people on a park bench, contemplating how to tackle homelessness. Five decades on, we are one of the largest builders of affordable homes, placing customers and communities at the heart of what we do. Today, over 100,000 people live in an Orbit home and our aim is to ensure the homes we provide and the places we create are good quality, affordable and safe. We also play an active part in the neighbourhoods where we work, supporting local economies and social activity within communities.