Head of Health and Social Care Programme
Salary: £45,000-£60,000 per annum
Planned start date: TBC
We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic, and driven individual to run our Health & Social Care Programme, a core pillar of our Public Sector work. This role will give the right candidate opportunities to work with a wide range of senior industry figures and civil servants to help drive health and social care transformation. You will be able to make a real difference to this important market.
techUK’s Health and Social Care programme represents health and care tech companies, supporting a vibrant ecosystem with the potential to become a world leader. techUK is helping its members navigate the complex space of digital health and care in the UK and ensure our NHS and social care sector is prepared for the challenges of the future.
Leading one of the biggest and high-profile techUK programmes, the Head of Health & Social Care Programme will report into the Associate Director of Local Public Services and manage a team of two. The Head of Programme is responsible for setting the strategic direction of the programme, working to create the right conditions for NHS and social care to become the most intelligent client for technology possible, and helping our members understand their requirements so they are in the best position to supply tech.
The Health and Social Care Programme represents over 250 members in the health and care tech space and has strong relationships across the relevant health Whitehall departments and local level. The successful candidate will strengthen and establish relevant partnerships and drive continued growth of the programme.
Existing portfolios include – healthtech commercial and procurement community of practice; Interoperability Working Group; social care working group; life sciences forum; and frontline digitisation working group.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the capability to work with techUK members and a variety of stakeholders from senior leaders across NHS England, Department for Health & Social Care, Integrated Care Systems and more.
- Lead and manage the team by setting objectives and strategy to achieve programme and corporate goals
- Provide techUK membership and management team with thought leadership on digital health and care issues and how they impact the tech sector (and vice versa)
- Build and develop relationships with relevant government departments and agencies, positioning techUK as a key partner and go-to organisation on digital health and social care
- Day-to-day management of two programme managers who run their respective areas, ensuring high performance
- Achieve all financial and non-financial targets set by the business
- Challenge the status-quo and position techUK as the unique voice of UK tech in the Health and Social Care field
- Ensure regular benchmarking of the programme with similar bodies to anticipate market trends and ensure techUK is leader in the Digital Health & Social Care field
- Managing a vibrant programme of market engagement events for techUK members
- Act as the voice of techUK in health and care; including appearances in the media, at parliamentary committees, panel sessions and giving formal speeches and chairing meetings/events
- Highly motivated with an entrepreneurial, ‘can do attitude’
- Excellent attention to detail, strong focus on quality control and highly organised
- Proven ability to organise projects and events of a high quality
- Proven record of working with Senior Executives
- Strong personal and professional integrity required to develop and maintain trusted relationships
Essential knowledge and experience:
- As the programme lead, you must have a good and strong understanding of the health and social care landscape and agenda; the health and care technologies, trends and opportunities and who the key stakeholders are
- Experience of strategy planning and execution
- Effective relationship engagement and people performance management
This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
Note: The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to the commencement of employment.
Due to the volume of applications, we receive, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of applying, please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
How to apply
Please send your CV for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 14-Jul-23
Web link: https://techuk.org
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: 020 7331 2047
More about techuk
techUK is the trade association which brings together people, companies, and organisations to realise the positive outcomes of what digital technology can achieve. With over 800 members (the majority of which are SMEs) across the UK, techUK creates a network for innovation and collaboration across business, government, and stakeholders to provide a better future for people, society, the economy, and the planet. By providing expertise and insight, we support our members, partners, and stakeholders as they prepare the UK for what comes next in a constantly changing world.