Fundraising and Partnerships Manager
Salary: £28-33,000 depending on experience
Planned start date: February 2023
We are looking for a focused, creative, and forward-thinking individual to join our team and ensure the long-term future of Smart Works in Birmingham. The role requires a self-starting and proactive approach, excellent communication and networking skills and experience in generating income.
The Fundraising and Partnerships Manager will have responsibility for all aspects of fundraising for Smart Works Birmingham, reporting into the Chairwoman of the Board of Trustees.
The role will be varied and fast paced, with responsibility for leading on the current strategy and building the design and delivery of the future Smart Works Birmingham’s annual fundraising strategy with events,
corporate partnership management and community fundraising. The role holder will be able to understand and speak to the financial position of the Charity, and work collaboratively with the Treasurer when developing future financial forecasts.
The role would be based in the Birmingham centre, and there will be occasional evening and weekend work as the role holder will provide key events support.
Smart Works Birmingham has an umbrella organisation, Smart Works Charity based in London, and there will be some travel to London and liaison with the HQ team to support induction, training and participation
in regular meetings, phone calls and conferences with other Smart Works centres across the UK.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will lead a range of activities, including:
• Managing corporate relationships and associated fundraising, building excellent relationships to forge new partnerships and generate income.
• Maintaining an up-to-date database with relevant income tracking and pipeline information , and supporting on future financial forecasts for reporting to the Board of Trustees.
• Leading and running fundraising events for Smart Works Birmingham, including fashion sales, network events and third-party events.
• Using our existing grant funding networks, plus but also identifying new appropriate grant opportunities and to support our bid writer and ensuring that monitoring and reporting of progress to funders is
both timely and sufficient.
• Managing our community fundraising campaigns such as Cycle for Smart Works and The Big Give or similar.
• Representing Smart Works Birmingham when working with a diverse range of stakeholders including corporate and retail audiences, grant providers and our fundraising volunteers.
The successful candidate will build strong working relations with our staff team, Chairwoman and Board of Trustees, as well as the team at Smart Works HQ. We are a community that shares a passion to empower
women to thrive in work and life, determined to meet our aim of helping as many women as we can back
Skills, Knowledge and Personal Attributes
A proven track record in arranging and managing events.
• A proven track record of working with funding applications and strategies and generating income from a variety of sources is a benefit but not essential if other transferable skills can be demonstrated.
• A detailed understanding of the fundraising landscape in the West Midlands would be a benefit but not essential given our existing knowledge.
• Proven ability to manage relationships across varying levels of seniority and sectors.
• Outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Target-driven, with excellent organisation and time management skills.
• Creative approach to problem-solving with an entrepreneurial attitude towards fundraising.
• Willingness to work as part of a dynamic team.
• Self-starter with a strong track record in being proactive and flexible.
• Confidence when working with financial forecasts.
• Ability to prepare written reports for the Board of Trustees, and Smart Works HQ.
We promote equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and make recruitment decisions by matching the Charity’s needs with the skills and experience of candidates. These decisions are made irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, religion or believe, or sexual orientation. We are keen to encourage a diverse range of perspectives, skills, experience, and knowledge within Smart Works.
General Duties of a Smart Works Staff Member
Represent the charity’s entrepreneurial drive and focus on tangible outcomes, helping to deliver big results from a small staff team.
• Work collaboratively and cooperatively with all team members and take an active part in staff meetings and discussions.
• Adhere to our policies and procedures and be an ambassador for our charity.
• Play your part in ensuring that each woman who comes through our door is treated with respect and empathy.
How to apply
To apply, please submit a CV, cover letter (no longer than two pages) and our Equalities Monitoring Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 4th January 2023.
Please follow the link to the job pack on our website below for more information and to download the Equalities Monitoring Form.
Your application should be addressed to Laura Dalby. First round interviews will be held week commencing 9th January 2023
Application deadline: 04/01/2023
Web link: https://smartworks.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/Fundraising-and-Partnerships-Manager-1-1.pdf
Email address: email@example.com
More about Smart Works
Smart Works is a UK charity that provides high quality interview clothes and interview training to unemployed women in need. We harness the power of clothes and confidence to allow a woman to be her best at a crucial moment in her life, giving her the confidence, the self-belief and the practical tools required to succeed at interview and transform her life.