Digital Learning Assistant
Location: techUK, 10 St Bride street, London, , EC4A 4AD
Hours: 35 hours
Salary: £20,000-£25,000 per annum
Planned start date: 1 July 2021
Tech Partnership Degrees Overview
Tech Partnership Degrees brings together employers and educators to develop the digital talent industry needs. It is a not-for-profit, employer-led organisation. It is responsible for Tech Industry Gold, the industry accreditation which recognises high quality education and training that leads to jobs and accelerates careers.
It is a wholly owned subsidiary of techUK, the trade association for the tech sector. With a membership of 800+ companies, techUK brings together people, companies and organisations to realise the positive outcomes that digital technology can achieve.
There are currently 5,000 people undertaking 55 Tech Industry Gold accredited degree and degree apprenticeship programmes in 38 universities, colleges and training providers.
You will be implementing a new service which provides industry recognition for people successfully completing Tech Industry Gold accredited programmes.
This will involve liaising with our customers, creating and documenting processes, keeping records, and using an online system to issue digital credentials which show, in digital form, the skills a person has developed. You will also help promote the service through digital marketing and social media activity.
You may also get involved with other work across the organisation, supporting client managers and programme managers, bringing new ideas to the team, and helping us to continually improve the services we offer.
- Provide service excellence to learners, employers and educators through highly responsive, accurate and friendly service delivery as detailed below.
- Direct liaison with University and Training Provider partners to help design and develop an ecosystem of digital credentials that effectively support learner progression and student engagement with accredited programmes.
- Communication with students/learners to encourage sharing and amplification of verified skillsets through social media and other channels.
- Working with trainers and accreditation specialists to understand and clearly articulate learning outcomes from programmes and translating these into digital credentials which will help lead to employment outcomes for learners.
- Work with the Programme Manager, contributing to the overall project implementation plan, taking ownership and responsibility for delivery of agreed outputs in an accurate and timely manner.
- Liaison with other key stakeholders and team members to effectively communicate the benefits of digital credentials in supporting learner engagement and progression.
- As part of a small team dedicated to digital talent development you are likely to get involved in other company initiatives, offering great opportunities to contribute to the success of others starting out in their careers whilst building your own skillset in the field of technology based learning and development.
To be successful in this role, you will be a flexible, motivated team player who enjoys working with people, both clients and colleagues and have a creative side, coming up with new ideas and better ways to do things.
This role is likely to suit an individual who would like to develop their career within HR, with a focus on Learning and Development and/or a keen interest in the tech sector.
- It is essential that you are a self-starter as this role will carry responsibility for implementing a key service enhancement to our partners
- Flexible and adaptable with a positive can-do attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Excellent written communication skills
- Accuracy in data management
- Excellent attention to detail
- Supportive, helpful team player
- Experience in Learning & Development and/or an Educational setting
- Working with Learner Management Systems
- Knowledge of the tech sector and relevant skillsets
- Project Management experience
- Client Relationship Management
- Process Design and Improvement
- Digital Marketing
This is a full-time role, reporting to the Tech Partnership Degrees Programme Manager. The role will be based at techUK’s London offices, however techUK operates a flexible working policy and we are open to discussing the possibility of remote working. Currently all staff are working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to commencement of employment. Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of applying, please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
The salary range for this role is £20,000-£25,000 per annum based upon experience.
Our culture is one of collaboration, inclusivity and empowerment which is reflected in our core values:
Respect: for each other, our work and our stakeholders
Courage: when embracing change and transformation
Integrity: honesty and genuine through our approach
Generosity: in sharing time and knowledge and celebrating great work
Pride: in our industry and how we represent it
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send a short cover letter (max. 300 words) and a copy of your CV together with your salary expectations to email@example.com.
Application deadline: 30 May 2021
Web link: https://www.techuk.org/
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 02073312047
More about techuk
techUK is the trade association which brings together people, companies, and organisations to realise the positive outcomes of what digital technology can achieve. With over 800 members (the majority of which are SMEs) across the UK, techUK creates a network for innovation and collaboration across business, government, and stakeholders to provide a better future for people, society, the economy, and the planet. By providing expertise and insight, we support our members, partners, and stakeholders as they prepare the UK for what comes next in a constantly changing world.