Chair of Trustees
Hours: 18 days a year
Planned start date: September 2023
Surviving Economic Abuse (SEA) is the only charity in the UK fully dedicated to raising awareness of economic abuse and transforming responses to it. SEA is seeking a Chair to shape the next exciting phase for the charity. The new Chair will bring a strong professional skill set to the role and a passion for the larger mission. This post is open to women only.
The Chair will hold the Board and Executive Team to account for the Charity’s mission and vision, providing inclusive leadership to the Board of Trustees, and ensuring that each trustee fulfils their duties and responsibilities for the effective governance of the charity.
The Chair will:
- Provide inclusive leadership to the charity and its Board, ensuring that the Charity has maximum impact for its beneficiaries
- Ensure that Trustees are fully engaged and that decisions are taken in the best long-term interests of the Charity and that the Board takes collective ownership
- Ensure that the charity pursues its objects as defined in its governing document, charity law, company law and other relevant legislation/regulations
- Support and challenge, where appropriate, the Chief Executive, respecting the boundaries between the two roles
- Appraise the performance of the CEO, individual Trustees and the Board annually
- Act as an ambassador for the charity
- Chair meetings of the Board of Trustees effectively and efficiently, bringing impartiality and objectivity to decision-making
- Ensure regular contact with the Chief Executive and develop and maintain an open and supportive relationship within which each can speak openly about concerns, worries and challenges
The post is only open to women candidates as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement of the role under Schedule 9 (Part 1) of the Equality Act 2010.
How to apply
Please apply via Nurole (see link below) or email Helen if you have any questions.
Application deadline: 29 June 2023
Web link: https://www.nurole.com/surviving-economic-abuse-chair
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
More about Surviving Economic Abuse
Surviving Economic Abuse is the only UK charity dedicated to raising awareness of economic abuse and transforming responses to it.