Camden Council Repairs Service Improvement Administrator
Location: Kings Cross, 5 Pancras Square, N1C4AG
Planned start date: 01/09/2022
*** Women are underrepresented within the repairs department we strongly encourage women to apply for this role****
- Supporting with queries on repairs charges from leaseholders.
- Supporting with the reviewing of repairs jobs – checking correct sequence of work and the allocation of staff/labour and materials for accurate job costing.
- Working across teams within the warehouse stores, in the Offices and potential to also go out on site to gain project management skills.
- Supporting with reporting – extracting, analysing and communicating performance data appropriately for benchmarking and performances improvement purposes.
- Checking compliance information, such as Financial information, Purchase Orders, Contractors quotes, etc.
- After training and with support assisting helping to resolve financial disputes.
- Speaking to customers, contractors, suppliers and trades teams to allocate repairs work.
- Learning how to and then assisting with identifying trends to improve trades productivity.
- Attending workshops and feedback sessions.
- You will be supported to achieve a Level 3 Improvement Technician qualification.
- A minimum of Level 1 Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT or the equivalent of these.
- Basic knowledge of stock management.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office; especially Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the Council’s equal opportunities policy as it relates to the nature of the post.
Skills and Behaviour
- A strong commitment towards successfully completing the Level 3 Improvement Technician qualification.
- Good maths skills, and a basic understanding of accounting terms such as labour, materials, overheads and profit.
- Basic project management skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- A positive attitude towards teamwork and being able to work well with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with customers to resolve enquiries, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain a high standard of reliability and time keeping.
- Good attention to detail.
- Motivated to learn and develop beyond the role.
- Ability to grasp new topics, asking relevant questions.
- Committed to equality of opportunities for all.
- Committed to providing good customer service.
- Experience of working with others.
- Experience of organising own workload in a work environment or a social/personal environment.
- Experience of drafting and typing correspondence in a work environment or a social/personal environment.
- Experience of using Microsoft Excel at an intermediate level in a work environment or a social/personal environment.
- Knowledge of Camden Council.
- Interest in gaining knowledge within a repair’s environment, including, repair types, prioritisation, sequence of work and the allocation of labour and materials.
- An interest in gaining knowledge in service improvement.
- Ability to respond flexibly to changing demands.
- Creative and good at ‘thinking outside the box’.
- Interested in working within a housing repairs environment alongside contractors and tradespeople.
To apply for this role, you must:
1. Be a Camden resident or have links to Camden, former Camden secondary school student or Camden care leaver
2. Have the right to live and work in the UK
3. Have lived in the EU or UK for the last 3 years (except if you are an asylum seeker or refugee)
4. NOT already have an NVQ level 3 (or higher) Improvement Technician qualification
Important Note – role may close early if we get enough suitable applications – those interested are encouraged to apply ASAP.
Alternative flexible working options available/open to discussion
Successful applicants will need to complete a DBS (Disclosure and Baring Service) check.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want Camden Council to be a great place to work and to ensure that our communities are represented across our workforce. A vital part of this is ensuring we are a truly inclusive organisation that encourages diversity in all respects, including diversity of thinking. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and those of Other Ethnicities, LGBT+, disabled and neurodiverse communities to make a real difference to our residents so that equalities and justice remains at the heart of everything we do.
To discover more about Camden and our commitment towards diversity, equality and safeguarding, please visit our recruitment website
Asking for Adjustments
Camden is committed to making our recruitment practices barrier-free and as accessible as possible for everyone. This includes, making adjustments or changes for disabled people, neuro-diverse people or people with long-term health conditions. If you have would like us to do anything differently during the application, interview or assessment process, including providing information in an alternative format, please let us know on your registration form in the section about reasonable adjustments. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com or call 02079748778 to discuss.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying or would like to discuss this role further, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you use the subject heading EDAC: Camden Council Repairs Service Improvement Administrator by 20 July 2022.
Application deadline: 20/07/2022
Web link: https://apprenticeships.camden.gov.uk/Default.aspx
Email address: email@example.com
Phone number: +442079748778
More about Camden Council
Camden Council is the local authority for the London Borough of Camden. Camden has a proud, rebellious spirit that throughout its history has seen communities come together to tackle problems, and to bring about real social change. At Camden, we want to make sure everyone has the chance to succeed, nobody gets left behind and everybody has a voice. This means working together to make sure that Camden stays an amazing place in which to live, work and grow up, and where everyone can lead happy, healthy and fulfilling lives.