Apprentice Maintenance Operative
ENGIE are recruiting for an Apprentice Maintenance Operative to be based at Seething Wells Halls, Kingston University, KT6 5PJ. The purpose is to support the right individual in becoming a fully trained Property Maintenance Operative and achieve L2 NVQ Diploma in Property Maintenance Operations.
This is a full-time (4 days on-site and day release at a local college) role working for a fixed-term of 24 months. On offer is a salary subject to National Minimum Wage and high-quality benefits package.
Working under the supervision of an experienced Maintenance Operative the apprentice will support the delivery of ENGIE’s repairs and maintenance service within Kingston University sites.
- To assist and carry out property maintenance to a high standard as directed by the Site Manager; including:
- Painting and Decorating
- To work in accordance with any training and instructions given and bring to the attention of the employer any shortcomings and defects in the management systems and protective measures
- Ensure accurate/timely completion of any relevant site based documentation
- To attend all relevant training courses including all SHEQ courses arranged by the employer including Tool Box Talks
- Making repairs and restoring damaged parts
- To fulfill all elements of the Apprenticeship Framework and to attend college weekly as required
- Any other reasonable management request
- This role does involve lifting, bending, kneeling, and use of tools and machinery
How to apply
Apply for this opportunity using the web link below
Application deadline: 29/01/2021
More about ENGIE
We currently employ over 17,000 staff across the UK and Ireland, whether your background is Energy, Technical Services, FM or in a business support function, we believe that each and every member of our team plays a key role in the future of our company. ENGIE’s commitment to being ‘employer of first choice’ is underpinned by a wide range of training and personal development opportunities. Our strong culture of learning and development rewards hard work and promotes equality of opportunity. This is complemented by other company-wide benefits which allow us to attract and retain the highest calibre of individuals. UK employees can also take advantage of the Mobility scheme within parent company ENGIE to further their careers within other group companies, nationally and internationally.